Dear George Hopkins,

No it's not very simple, Jeff likes to take shots at me cause he knows I'm a Cadet fan. But really, I don't care to take part in this meaningless discussion. Lets just say Jeff is right and I'm wrong, fair enough?

Who cares who's fan you are? I started this whole thread. It was aimed at George... simply, for the sole purpose of where he stands on certain isssues AND having the influence he holds. I was sincerely hoping he would take this old / new concept into concideration. That's all. Better yet.... run a join Band / drum corps show. Like the almost nonexistant Sr. / Jr. Drum Corps shows. Pros or cons on this idea? Bueller? Anyone?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it's more complex than that. I usually attend several DCI shows a year. First time out, I give the benefit of the doubt and watch everyone (who knows, there's always hope for an off-season lobotomy). Then I plan my subsequent arrivals, departures, hot dogs, and souvie cruising around who I have no desire to see for the rest of the year.

To me, boycotting ALL DCI corps is counter-productive. In fact, boycotting all YEA corps doesn't work as I have to get my annual Crossmen fix (until they start the amp thing too.

So then, are you saying that boycotting some of DCI is OK, but boycotting all of DCI makes you not a fan, even though there are other drum corps circuits out there? How many DCI corps must a person like, each year, in order to qualify as a fan of the activity under your guidelines?

By the way, weren't Crossmen amped last year?

So then, are you saying that boycotting some of DCI is OK, but boycotting all of DCI makes you not a fan, even though there are other drum corps circuits out there? How many DCI corps must a person like, each year, in order to qualify as a fan of the activity under your guidelines?

I wasn't relating it to being a fan. Anyone who enjoys the activity to me is a "fan". I just don't watch shows I don't like, but I don't let them keep me from watching the shows I do like.

I really didn't notice, which is how amps work best, but if Cross was amped it was "pit enhancement" not the self-indulgent theatrics seen elsewhere.

Sadly, at VFW's you could hardly call their drum solos "Pop Goes The Weasel" and "Unsquare Dance'....that one sounded more like boom/chick boom/chick boom/chick/chick ad nauseum. :(

Oh Boy. Now you've done it. You've gone and criticized the kids!

<ducking and running>

I wasn't relating it to being a fan. Anyone who enjoys the activity to me is a "fan". I just don't watch shows I don't like, but I don't let them keep me from watching the shows I do like.

I really didn't notice, which is how amps work best, but if Cross was amped it was "pit enhancement" not the self-indulgent theatrics seen elsewhere.

Jeff is saying he doesn't like amped shows. He is also showing that he does not like the direction DCI is taking the activity. When I said that "your posts...imply your nor a fan," I was stating that to dans who thinks Jeff is taking a personal opportunity to bash his opinion simply because he is a Cadets fan. As you responded to my post to Dan, I thought you were still Dan (wake up, Dave, wake up). So, my question to dans remains. You (MS76) have answered your opinion of it, but I am awaiting his. I think that if there are shows that you enjoy at DCI shows, and you are willing to pay full price to see those shows, then by all means you should.

So dans, is MiamiSun76 a fan of drum corps, under your guidelines, if he supports some DCI corps? Or, must he support DCI in general to qualify. And what about Jeff? He does not support DCI. He does support DCA, which is a drum corps circuit. He, apparently does not qualify as a fan of the activity by your guidelines, true?

Edited by DrumCorpsFan27

See? This is why I love / hate discussion groups. It gives a perspective you may not have thought of before...

However, I feel the need to add that its the entirety *governing body* of *DCI* that changed the rules not the individual Corps trying to still stay in the game. THAT"S WHAT SICKENS ME MOST. (if ya know what I mean)

Now that the judges have new rules in their heads.... yadda yadda yaddda

THAT part, to me, inhales the big one. The Corps that want to stay true to *CORPS* .... still , ultimately, have to compete with the New Fangled Jones'. As messed up as our judicial system is.... this is NOT a jury of their peers. This is NOT all men are equal. This is NOT FAIR by any means! IMO of course. But.... then... what do I know? I'm just a rookie.

Jeff is saying he doesn't like amped shows. He is also showing that he does not like the direction DCI is taking the activity. When I said that "your posts...imply your nor a fan," I was stating that to dans who thinks Jeff is taking a personal opportunity to bash his opinion simply because he is a Cadets fan. As you responded to my post to Dan, I thought you were still Dan (wake up, Dave, wake up). So, my question to dans remains. You (MS76) have answered your opinion of it, but I am awaiting his. I think that if there are shows that you enjoy at DCI shows, and you are willing to pay full price to see those shows, then by all means you should.

So dans, is MiamiSun76 a fan of drum corps, under your guidelines, if he supports some DCI corps? Or, must he support DCI in general to qualify. And what about Jeff? He does not support DCI. He does support DCA, which is a drum corps circuit. He, apparently does not qualify as a fan of the activity by your guidelines, true?

Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this has turned into a very "RAMD" like argument, and I really don't care to participate. If anyone would like to discuss the upcoming season (going to be a great one!), count me in.

Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this has turned into a very "RAMD" like argument, and I really don't care to participate. If anyone would like to discuss the upcoming season (going to be a great one!), count me in.

This is yet another interesting part of a discussion. And, Begs the question: Why did you ever make a post on a discussion group.... if you didn't / couldn't handle a responce? And act accordingly? Didn't you know this was a forum / discussion group? Or were you just looking for some *yesmen to join your troop? I mean, c'mon folks... let's try and keep it a bit real here, no?

Isn't this about the 3rd time you've "quit" this discussion?

And if this is a "RAMD argument", all I can say is YEA.........H!