1994 27th Lancers Alumni Corps

Actually, if you go a little further, we STARTED the show with 26 snares, while Charley Poole was changing from his judges uniform into his kilt. Charley judged Field Percussion that night, changed up against the front wall during Crown Imperial, and jumped in at the end of the Opener. That made 27...

Ferb27 is right! After the "New Country" Percussion solo, featuring Larry on a set; he gets up from his seat, straps in, and joins the corps on the field for Danny Boy...making a total of 28!

The next time this question is asked; "How many snares were there?"....be sure to respond with a question...... "Which Part of the Show?"

I knew that, but my mind goes on me at times. Thanks for the memory jog. Hey wanna feel old, Charlie's son just graduated from Columbia (when did he go from the baby in the carriage at rehearsals to the big college grad).

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry

From start to finish, how long did it actually take? First official meeting through the show at DCI. How many performances did you guys do locally, concerts, parades and that sort of thing?

RF

WOW! Randy.....Talk about making me realize how old I am, and how much I forgot! I had to go back to the tape to research this one! (These days, I sometimes forget what I had for lunch yesterday,.....nevermind How many times did you ________________ twelve years ago!)

1st Meeting - June 93

1st Rehearsal - July 93

Approx..... 30 full-corps rehearsals in 13 months (half of them in the last 6 weeks)

Approx..... a Dozen performances between Oct 93 and August

.....with only 2??? or 3??? Full Field Performances Prior to DCI

All this done in the Pre-Historic Days of NO Web Page, NO Cell Phones, and NO E-Mail.......

Monster Phone Bills and Thousands of Stamps!

So Randy,...... How many times did you ______ TWELVE YEARS AGO????? (only kidding!)

Good Luck with your Monster Project this Summer!

In the words of Jim Wedge; "It will be something (you) will remember for the rest of your life!"

That was awesome!!! Thank You...

Terri

I could not imagine doing this project without the WEB. Cudos to you & 27 for doing an unbelievable amount of back ground work and communication. THat 's the part that nobody sees. And once again thanks for your help in the start up. It was a huge help!!

I will buy in Allentown when I get off the field with Bridgemen!! Better yet as I come off the field hand me an ice cold Miller Lite!!

RF

For your viewing pleasure, all 28 snares - end of Danny Boy 1994.

EndofDannyBoy1994.jpg

You're right on with this one Rich. I, too, had a hard time keeping enough kleenex handy. An outstanding documentary!

Just recently viewed a link sent me by a friend, I've seen bits and pieces of the 27th Lancers 94 alumni performance, but this thing I just viewed was a 35 min documentary on how it was put together, early rehearsals, performances, etc.......to do what you guys did, with FULL ON drill, old school rifle work, and probably the biggest drum corps in history.............I am overwhelmed with what you all accomplished, and I assure you it's been impossible to view all of this with a dry eye.

Even though I'm a late arrival, THANK YOU 94 27 ALUMNI for a bit of drum corps magic I'd not thought possible.

You moved me. Thank you.

For your viewing pleasure, all 28 snares - end of Danny Boy 1994.

EndofDannyBoy1994.jpg

Thanks Nanc for the pic.

I'm on Side 2 just inside the 40 reaching into my pocket for my camera! A lot of us bought "one-time" cameras and took pictures of the audience, taking pictures of us, at the end of the show!

(More flashing lights than a bar in Revere at closing time!)

Thanks Nanc for the pic.

I'm on Side 2 just inside the 40 reaching into my pocket for my camera! A lot of us bought "one-time" cameras and took pictures of the audience, taking pictures of us, at the end of the show!

The bars in Revere have a closing time? :beer:

That's news to me!!! b**bs

That is one awesome, beautiful picture, Lola!!!!!! :beer:

Man, to go back in time, when we would practice at Hudson County Park in Bayonne, and you guys were DIRECTLY across the street from us during the pre-show rehearsals...SIGH!!! :beer:

THAT was heaven, only... we didn't realize it then, did we??? :beer:

Terry, the original deal we talked about still stands. (50/50)

Whadda ya say??? Come on! Ya gotta do it!!!

JJ

Thanks Nanc for the pic.

Always my pleasure putting pictures up!!!

Yes the bars in MA sure do serve their last drink at about 1:45 am.

Terri, um, where's that picture(s)? We need to see that please, please, please? :beer: I've not seen Chris P's I don't think either.....it didn't dawn on me to bring a camera onto the field.

However at one field show, I had to wear Denise's busby, it fell off during concert - too hard of a head move! OK, so I over do it sometimes.....When we got off the field a few of the rifles close to me in the arc were laughing too hard, they said you had 1/2 of CVS in there along with other people's cigarettes and lighters and tissue paper from the rim to try and keep the hat on. British Red Coat Lipstick, and all of my and others mirrors and cosmetics. I was crying it was so funny. (I didn't think it was so funny while I was on the field though... :beer: P.S. it was not in Revere and the Duffy thing....) But I'm sure I could have fit a few cameras in my jacket no problem, but how to get a camera out in that position?

Ahh, we always figured it out!!! ^0^