Favorite Park N Blow

Just curious what your all's favorite Park N Blow sections are. I have 2 and they are both from the 03 season I love The Cavies when they get into a diamond with a guard in the center and start jammin out and then Boston Crusaders Park N Blow during Malaguena I love the Mello Part

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bluecoats '04 was pretty amazing but my favorite...2002 cadets, boogie woogie bugle boy....can't beat that

2002 Cadets.

We had discussed the possibility of leaving the field and rushing the stands during BWBB for finals. We were all up for it, but there was too much of a chance that someone would get stuck up there and not be able to get back because of cameras and such.

Yes, there would've been penalties. About 2-4 points would be my guess, but we were all up for it. George was even the one who brought it up to us finals morning. Either way though, we had one #### of a time performing that.

My top 5, in order

1. Cavaliers 2001- Good Lord. Catchiest park n blow ever. Such a beautifully crafted show in every way.

2. Bluecoats 2002- Intensity? check. To me, this was one of the first moments where the Bluecoats clearly stated that they weren't playing around anymore

3. Cavaliers 2000- to me, this totally defined DCI rock out. Even the licks leading up to ti were amazing. Who could forget that little 3 note hi-hat answer to what the battery was doing?

4. Spirit 1980- Does this even need a caption? If you haven't seen it, run, don't walk, to the nearest person's house who owns the 1980 DVD.

5. Madison 2001- Apparently you don't need to wait until later in the show to rip everyone's face off. You can just do it from the opening downbeat! I love the thinking that went into that. The reprise in the closer was great too.

Honorable mention:

BD 1999- the 2 triangle set in the closer. They tore it up, but fall just shy of making the top 5 because of the way they ended it

Bluecoats 1987- Autumn Leaves rock out. amazing music, though I've gotta have some more motion on the field to be totally happy. still brought the house down

bluecoats '04 was pretty amazing but my favorite...2002 cadets, boogie woogie bugle boy....can't beat that

What he said!! Bugle Boy got the most applause at every show I was at. I loved it!!

2002 Cadets.

We had discussed the possibility of leaving the field and rushing the stands during BWBB for finals. We were all up for it, but there was too much of a chance that someone would get stuck up there and not be able to get back because of cameras and such.

Yes, there would've been penalties. About 2-4 points would be my guess, but we were all up for it. George was even the one who brought it up to us finals morning. Either way though, we had one #### of a time performing that.

Wow! Interesting behind the scenes tidbit. I bet the crowd would was went crazy. But, 2-4 point deduction - Yikes! Still, something that would be talked about for many years.

good topic:

1983/84 Spirit of Atlanta during Blues in the Night

1984 Blue Devils La Fiesta

1985 Suncoast Sound first hit in Midnight in Miami

1988 Blue Devils right after drum solo in Goodbye Yesterday

1988 Madison Scouts climax in Malaguena

1991 Cadets of Bergen County the end of the closer

1991 Bluecoats right before drum solo in Palookaville

I liked the '99 Glassmen part when they were in a triangle and just the brass was playing. It was amazing.