Favorite Park N Blow

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PHANTOM 2005, in the closer.......bright silks come flying out.....freakin sweet, everyone was jammin.

YES THANK YOU! I was gonna add my biased opinion but I'll just agree! :D Orange flags had already come out and we "throw down" (literally for the colorguard B) ) and go into the swing section... corps rocks out.... guard had the dance. Good part..... he he he

Agree on most of the above, but hands down the easiest choice for me is 84 BD. La Fiesta is still the epitome of the park and blow for me. That horn line just about singed the hair off the top of everyone's head in Atlanta. My daughter loves this one too. She's a trumpet player, and loves listening to the sops wail.

Tell her that it was EVERY BIT as fun to play as it sounds!!!

2000 Cavaliers. Not so much a park and blow but that section where the sop--oops, trumpets start with that weird melody and the rest of the sections build into it by parking and barking--it was very very cool.

Those were definitely sopranos, not trumpets.

Well...for me, Spirit 1980...although, not a TRUE park and bark by the normal standard of it being something well into a song where there's an obvious climax and it's usually leading up to the end. But when they park and bark in Georgia, well...do we need to rehash why it was one of the Top 5 Loudest Moments in DCI History? Get the DVD.

1984 BD La Fiesta. Absolutely--with a close runner up in these old ears of 1983 Chuck Corea. I think it was better than 1982.

1988 Madison on Malaguena. I was there. It was great.

2000 Cavaliers. Not so much a park and blow but that section where the sop--oops, trumpets start with that weird melody and the rest of the sections build into it by parking and barking--it was very very cool.

And last but not least...

Out of left field...the park and blow in "Las Virgenes" with Sky Ryders in 1982. ESPECIALLY THE MELLOPHONE PLAYERS!!!!!!! Good GOD that was awesome!!!

Those were definitely sopranos, not trumpets.

Yeah, Cavies were definitely on G horns in 2000.

'84 BD- La Fiesta. Complete madness. This was the volumn fest of the 1980's...easily the overall loudest complete song. There might have been louder chords or passages from other corps, but this has to be the loudest complete song. The dynamic levels were from MF to Nuclear Holocaust, plus any closer with 3 sets is a textbook definition of park and blow! Gotta love the sop soloist that has a close-up when he puts his horn down at the end of the song. The dude looks 35 years old.

Edited by Coaster