2 Cavies they are a machine

3 cadets out of the zone for them

4 SCV we can only hope

5 Madison in Madison

6 Phantom not sold on this one

7 Bluecoats blah program

8 boston-

9 Crossmen if they are clean

10 crown to much too soon ( see bac 2001 )

11 blue knights same show 3 years in a row

12 cap. Reg. all things moving

13 glassmen europe hurts

14 spirit show design

15 colts could switch with cap.

16 southwind good concepts

<**>

Ok first, Last time madison was in madison didnt they end up making like 14th??

Second, I agree with bluecoats not very fun anymore, ran their course.

Third, Crossmen?? You seriously have to be kidding me, They be lucky with 14th again.

Forth, Blue Knights? .... Have you even read there show annoucment?? Its nothing like since what theyve done since 2000 and 2002. 11th is a harsh placement. Not to mention not going to happen!

Fifth, Cap reg. come one wishful thinking much?

Sixth, do agree with Glassmens position.

Seventh, Spirit show sounds ########, so I agree with this too. ( ps you would think after making it back into finals they would want to ahve a show that would have a chance in quarters?? Honestly spirit staff)

Eighth, Colts I beleive might have a chance to make it close to finals.

Ninth, Boston in eight WHATEVER!! Ps am I the only one that think boston is trying to copy crown with a "cathedral" show?? SEEMs very crown to me.

SCV, I love em I really do .... but lets be real 4th ?!?!

^0^ Disclaimer these are my opinions ... so WHATEVER!! ^0^

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<**>

Third, Crossmen?? You seriously have to be kidding me, They be lucky with 14th again.

Forth, Blue Knights? .... Have you even read there show annoucment?? Its nothing like since what theyve done since 2000 and 2002. 11th is a harsh placement. Not to mention not going to happen!

Seventh, Spirit show sounds ########, so I agree with this too. ( ps you would think after making it back into finals they would want to ahve a show that would have a chance in quarters?? Honestly spirit staff)

Ninth, Boston in eight WHATEVER!! Ps am I the only one that think boston is trying to copy crown with a "cathedral" show?? SEEMs very crown to me.

Well...My opinion is that your opinion sucks... so WHATEVER!!

Hmm... I don't buy Cadets dropping that far down to 4th or 5th, maybe third is a possibility, but come on, 4th-6th? I severely doubt it. Also, I didn't see Vanguard this past season so I don't know what the whole shibang is about. So do I think SCV will make finals, you bet your ###! Do I expect a top 8 for Vanguard? no, but a pleasant surprise if they do. Now, onto Blue Stars, A hard working corps finally back in D1, however good this seems, I don't see Stars making Semis, maybe 18th and barely missing Semis but not above 17th. So with that being stated my predictions are:

Top 5 (in any order of the following corps):

Cadets (possible title #10, but won't be surprised to see them edged like Star was by Cadets in '93)

Cavaliers (after last year, Cavies will be on the prowl and out for blood, machine + Cassella's writing = top 2 in Drums for Cavies, could be upset by others though)

Blue Devils (Yowza, last year's program hit the fan... Godfather will make the judges an offer they can't refuse, don't see a title for BD but a good dogfight for second)

Phantom (Good program, retaining of staff from past years and working more and more gives them an edge, 3rd-4th place is my prediction for them)

Madison (Carmen was spectacular, and that momentum will show this season (3rd-5th is very possible)

Rest of top 12 could be (no order, just possibilities)

Bluecoats

Glassmen

Crown

Crossmen (After last year's disaster, Metheny will bring prestige back to Ol' Bones)

Capital Regiment

Southwind

Santa Clara Vanguard

13-23 will be a dogfight but once again in no particular order:

Blue Stars

Pioneer

Esperanza (Close, but no cigarette, get some more members and you'll be golden)

Pacific Crest (Same as Esperanza, wants it but needs the members, reminds me of another corps in DCA)

Seattle (Loved 2003, saw snipps of 2004 and enjoyed 2005 but no dice... Semis are a lock, but no finals)

Mandarins

Colts (could give a run at Glassmen, Crossmen or Cap. Reg no clear spot for them)

Magic (Liked 2003, disliked 2004, Beddis' Percussion Writings and other experience may help but no Finals, Semis unlikely but the seeds will be planted for a push in 2007, solidified finalists by 2009 at latest)

Boston (too much talent in other corps to help make the push, I'd say 10-14th place range)

BK (read my opinion about boston's possible Finals miss, but could squeak in as 11-12th)

Spirit of JSU (good foundations, just need evelopment of the entire program and find a new source to tap)

Edited by Percussion827

<**>

... Boston was 9th last year and SHOULD have been 8th (yes, I do believe SCV beating them was a small case of slotting... so shoot me.) them jumping one place is no biggie. Colts could very well drop two placements... they could also move up. BK has been a standard 10th-14th corps since 2001... dropping one spot wouldn't be shocking. the word "########" is a bit harsh for Spirits show, and I do not agree. And since when has Crown done a Cathedrals show? The only thing RELATED to cathedrals was when they played Engulfed Cathedral in 03... and that was for a show about Bells... Boston doing a Cathedrals show... sounds original to me.

~>conner

Hahaha I am glad people replied its fun!! :P

Yes I dont think methany will be the reason (if) crossmen get into finals, maybe like selling a couple of souls could help, Spirits show?? ... something borrowed, something blue, and something bullcra p, bk more than likely wont go down for the fact that boston is trying toooooo hard, and when i said cathedral show is more or lessa crown show its because to me it would be more up cronws alley playing a show like that, boston should just stick to their bolero or whatev.

so go on GET MAD AT ME!! ..... please

1. Phantom Regiment- its just their time

2. BD - got to love the godfather

3. cavies- the drumline is going to be smoken

4. cadets- the zone will only go one year

5. crown- has a innovative show

6. bluecoats- good but the same as last year

7. SCV- they will get better

8. madison- just because they are in madison doesnt mean they will win

9. boston- they will try to be like crown

10.- glassman

11. blue knights

12. spirit

12. colts- will tie spirit

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets

3. Phantom Regiment

4. Cavaliers

5. Madison Scouts

6. Santa Clara Vanguard

7. Bluecoats

8. Carolina Crown

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Knights

11. Crossmen

12. Spirit

13. Glassmen

14. Colts

15. Southwind

16. Capital Regiment

17. Pacific Crest

18. Mandarins

19. The Magic

20. Esperanza

21. Blue Stars

22. Seattle Cascades

23. Pioneer

I just don't see Madison passing Bluecoats (as most of you seem to).

Of course, thats what happens every year. Tons of people say Madison will beat the Coats....and then it doesn't happen. So I'm stickin' with the safe bet.

I just don't know if I buy SCV jumping right back into the top 4 fight either. I guess we'll have to see.

I think that issue with Madison ranked higher than Bluecoats is the fact that in the past 2 years the Scouts were generally ahead of the Bluecoats until finals. In the case of 2005, they were ahead until semifinals/finals. The Bluecoats are very good at pushing hard during finals week.