Red Carpet Association

I did a lot of research on the RCA at one point for Drum Corps World. I wrote a brief history of RCA that includes a comprehensive list of all corps that appeared at the RCA Championship shows, and a list of all of the champions. I also compilied a spreadsheet of all of the scores of the championship shows. Contributors to this effort included Jeff Davis, Ron Allard, Jeff Ream and others including Mark (no last name in my files) from White Sabers.

None of this information was ever linked from a website as far as I know. Gary, I am sending you the files in a separate email in the hope that you will link them to the Thunderbird website for all the world to behold.

thanks Roger, we all appreciate it. now that DCW is selling old RCA cd's, this will help put some faces to the sounds

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a tough question...who was the drum major for the Suburban Knights? He had a goatee. He also had an assistant DM, a younger guy. We did a couple of exhibitions with them at area parks in North Tonawanda in 1970.

Bruce, you have this?

I did a lot of research on the RCA at one point for Drum Corps World. I wrote a brief history of RCA that includes a comprehensive list of all corps that appeared at the RCA Championship shows, and a list of all of the champions. I also compilied a spreadsheet of all of the scores of the championship shows. Contributors to this effort included Jeff Davis, Ron Allard, Jeff Ream and others including Mark (no last name in my files) from White Sabers.

None of this information was ever linked from a website as far as I know. Gary, I am sending you the files in a separate email in the hope that you will link them to the Thunderbird website for all the world to behold.

That Mark person is Mark Gerber now the Director of the Dansville White Sabers and if my memory is correct the White Sabers and The Phamtom Revival from the Nunda area join together to make the group New Horizon and we competed for a couple of years but I don't remember the dates.