No 2007 Super 3 Tickets until after Madison?

I've often wondered why there isn't some sort of program in place to allow regular ticket buyers first dibs on finals seats. I've purchased season tickets to the CSO and sporting events for years and season ticket holders are always given the opportunity to "renew" their seats before the general public is allowed into the pool.

This sounds like a good idea to me. This should be in place for all of the major regionals and championships.

Triple Forte

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like a good idea to me. This should be in place for all of the major regionals and championships.

Triple Forte

Especially if championships are in Indy for an extended period!! :)

Count me among those sorely disappointed by this change. I've been doing the stand in line thing on the morning of quarterfinals since they first started doing it that way. I also buy with a large group of friends (12) and 2 of us can go together to ensure we are all going to sit together. Most importantly - it IS a reward for loyalty to get a leg up - however small - on the rest of the buying public, by being able to get in early on the next year by BEING THERE for the previous year. To not have a means outside of Friends of DCI (I've, too, heard the nightmares of the Friends of DCI promise of good seats turn out to be false on too many occassions) to reward year over year loyalty is bad business.

Also, I wonder how many people are like myself, not even questioning if I'm going for all 3 days of Div I champioinships because the ticket buying process on Thursday morning always answered the question for me. It's possible you could even see a small downtick in quarterfinals attendance.

I'll also miss the camradarie experienced that one Thursday morning every year. :(

Harvey

I guess the real question is what the #### am I going to do Thursday morning in Madison? Do I stay out late drinking the night before?

Maybe if DCI had the Opening Cerimonies on Wednesday evening I could do that. Seemed like a perfect plan - Opening ceremonies, Div. II/III Finals, and the winners of each Individual/Ensemble category.

Anyway, has anybody heard an update on the ticket sale plan? Anything for the Super 3 loyalists?

It’s unfortunate to say, I just received in the mail my "Super-3" ticket package fo 2007 in the mail. You have to reply my mail to get the best seats, buy postmarked date. This is BS. Here’s why:

The closer you are to IL, the sooner you have the chance to reply. If you live far away like me, it took 3 days to get the letter.

This does NOT reward the people that wait in line at 4am like I do every year to pick the best seats.

There is no way they can decipher who the existing super-3 holders are unless they do a name search. Someone can make copies of their form and give it to their friends.

You DON'T get to pick your seats, as you do when you wait in line. It says there are no refunds or exchanges on the form, an no place to ask you how many seats you want either.

These are all concerns that I have called the DCI ticket manager, Christina (don’t know last name) on this morning in a phone message. No reply yet. Ill be happy to continue updating, but I encourage everyone to call her until they scrap this whole idea, and reward the people who travel to finals every year!!!

BTW, the prices are $250 each…

UPDATE:

UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with Christina; she returned my call and was extremely polite throughout the entire call. I expressed concern on the topics of my previous post, and she diligently answered all of them.

Q: Why did you guys change the way tickets are purchased?

A: To cut expensives.

-Cost of renting a hotel area

-Cost of technology to have the computer support and staffing to work it.

Q: What about the snail mail time differences and the unfairness to people who live far away?

A: We considered the problems, and there is no absolute way to satisfy everyone. So the closer you live to our offices, the better chance you have of getting the best seats.

Q: With the letters you sent out, what keeps people from copying the form, that got them first and distributing them to their friends before legitimate priority customers get a chance to return theirs?

A: The billing address is verified to people who have purchased super-3 packs in the last 3 years, others are ineligible.

Q: In the past, we were able to pick the seats we wanted when be bought the super-3 tickets on quarterfinals, but the letter you sent out says you get the seats you get, no refunds or exchanges. That doesn’t seem reasonable…

A: We will do the best to get you the seats you want, and if there is any question, we will contact you. If there is a gross error, we will work our best to rectify the situation.

Q: Have you received other feedback from DCI patrons?

A: Yes, mostly positive. (darn)

Overall the conversation was very strait forward and professional. My questions were answered to complete satisfaction even though they were not the answers I wanted. I hope this post will help.

Did she answer this question? This was my concern when I got the letter, so I wrote in (in a couple of places) how many tickets I wanted.

No, i didnt want to ask. I thought I was already pushing my limit of questions even though she was being very nice to me...