No 2007 Super 3 Tickets until after Madison?

They could do it like the Indy 500.....give the Super 3 ticket holders an order form and allow them X number of days to reserve their seats for next years show. If they do not complete it in time, allow others to buy Super 3 Tickets, and then begin selling individually. I realize the venues change every year, so they can't reserve the same exact seat, but they could try to place everyone as close as possible.

IMO, loyalty should be rewarded, but at the same time...it sucks for me because I will never spend money for all 3 shows.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been arriving around 5am and waiting in line for tickets since 1998. I do not see it as something else I must do during finals week, but rather part of the experience of the week. As mentioned earlier, the people you meet and discussions you have while waiting in line are priceless. I was pretty disappointed when I read that this will change. Refreshments are provided, and you get to sit down with the representative and select your seats. Last year they had someone right there to reserve your hotel as well.

I was looking forward to this process especially this year, since Finals are finally coming to California. Lots of family/friends to bring to the shows, so I wanted to be near first in line, and be able to get exactly what I wanted. I sure hope there is some benefit to being an existing Super 3 ticket buyer, rather than random phone call/internet.

Of course, if Finals go to "permanent" status in Indianapolis, I won't be going every year anyway.

If this doesn't #### off the Masses that be, that make the Trek to finals year and year out...and a "Perk" if you will i dont know what will. The need to go and just drop the ball like that..just really kinda SUCKS!! Like the addage goes " If it's works, leave it alone" or something to that effect. I smell TICKETMASTER involvement. Let's just hope they seriously reconsider this route come finals week.

I prefer the show up to finals and see what the best seat you can get standing outside the stadium. It's worked for me for the past several years. Haven't sat outside the 40 yet.

That's generally what I do. Always end up with good seats, often at below face value.

I've often wondered why there isn't some sort of program in place to allow regular ticket buyers first dibs on finals seats. I've purchased season tickets to the CSO and sporting events for years and season ticket holders are always given the opportunity to "renew" their seats before the general public is allowed into the pool.

I've often wondered why there isn't some sort of program in place to allow regular ticket buyers first dibs on finals seats. I've purchased season tickets to the CSO and sporting events for years and season ticket holders are always given the opportunity to "renew" their seats before the general public is allowed into the pool.

There is. It is called Friends of DCI. You get the best seats, don't have to wait in any lines, don't have to decide until Oct/Nov what shows you are attending, plus depending on the level many other perks. I certainly don't miss the days of waiting in lines or trying to get through on the phones.

I'm a member of Friends of DCI. It doesn't necessarily allow you first-crack at the tickets. True, a certain number of tickets are reserved for Friends, but choice seats are not guaranteed. In 2004 I decided, for the first time, to forgo the line at championships and order my tickets for 2005 through the Friends. Despite assurances from DCI that I would be able to obtain choice seats through Friends, around October I was informed that there were more request for tickets than seats in the premium seating area and that I would be given seats in another location. I arrived in Foxboro to discover that the seats I'd been assigned were in the lower level, about 20 rows up and around the 40 yard line -- terrible vantage point. This is how longtime donors are rewarded? No thank you. For this year's tickets I simply called on the first day of availability and secured seats in the area I wanted.