Memorial weekend concerts.

Any reviews from Memorial brass ( cadets / crossmen ). I have seen the cavies review -cool. Any others ?

BD ?

MAdison ?

Crown ?

Glassmen ?

Boston ?

Bluecoats ?

Vanguard ? this one I am very interested in.

all others ?

Edited by dcifan2002

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any reviews from Memorial brass ( cadets / crossmen ). I have seen the cavies review -cool. Any others ?

BD ?

MAdison ?

Crown ?

Bluecoats ?

Vanguard ? this one I am very interested in.

Crown...None to speak of, just the first weekend of Spring Training.

Edited by tubamann

Crown...None to speak of, just the first weekend of Spring Training.

I attended Memorial Brass last evening and I would be glad to share my honest views; Crossmen: music is an upgrade over last year, quality of sound is really lacking at this point, lots of overplaying from all sections, very agressive corps, in your face drum corps for sure, not my cup of tea, with lots of work could crack top 12, good luck! Cadets: this corps really means business, very tight ensemble for this early, brass line putting out more sound than I have heard from them in years, percussion is big and really good, music is complex, sophisticated and entertaining, the ballad with the vocal was like a breath of fresh air, great stuff from this corps, if they cam march at the same level they play they will be tough to beat this season, good luck!

......the ballad with the vocal was like a breath of fresh air........

Fine...I'll edit my comment...and save them for my summer reviews!! :P

Edited by LaSqueegee

You mean amplified air??? :sshh:

You mean you can't let something you disagree with to go by even once without a comment? I wish we could once stay on the topic, which, I believe, is a request for reports from anyone who actually experienced one of there performances in person this weekend, and could keep the "I hate" comments to threads about the specific topics of amps, voices, etc.

For just ONCE I'd like to read a thread that can stay on-topic and thoughtful.

You mean you can't let something you disagree with to go by even once without a comment? I wish we could once stay on the topic, which, I believe, is a request for reports from anyone who actually experienced one of there performances in person this weekend, and could keep the "I hate" comments to threads about the specific topics of amps, voices, etc.

Was that outbreak on topic? or did that make you just as guilty?

Bring on the reviews!

Just heard the Colts music from their show over my cell phone, and it sounded pretty good. Love the version of As Time Goes By, nice arrangement. And they close with Ride(Bluecoats 04 opener). Percussion line also sounded better than the last couple of years.

From what I heard musically , sounded like it could be a step up from last year, and could rival their 99 show for my favorite. Could be in the mix for top 12, but there are easily 16 corps that could be fighting for top 12(I could see the 9-16 place corps within a point or 2 of each other). Can't wait to see everyone this summer.

Good to hear about Colts. Better be a #### good show to rival '99 :)

Good to hear about Colts. Better be a #### good show to rival '99 :)

Agreed, 99 was in my opinion the best Colts show ever. This year, I also really enjoy their musical program. And while I only heard it over the phone, the arrangements seem better than in recent years past. Last year really saw improvement over the last couple of years before(and with a really young corps last year). And I really love the arrangements of As Time Goes By and Ride this year. Even early season, you can really see the potential this year. And they will be marching 34 guard I was told(with 2 males). I am hoping to get to one of their rehearsals before the season begins. Otherwise I will see them around the 20th of June.

ifn o one retorted, this forum would not exist.

:)

~>conner