SCV !

Nice! <**>

While you're at it, can you give me this weeks winning lottery numbers, who is going to win the WCWS, MCWS, the NBA title and take the Stanley Cup?

Arizona, CA Fullerton, Mavs and edmonton

Honestly, with all the staff and members that SCV lost they will be in the reconstruction phase for a while. Right now I can say BD, PR, Cadets, Bluecoats, and Cavies are all stronger. that leaves them at 6th atleast.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey.... I'll get to see Phantom AND The Cadets at the Westminster, MD, show, Friday, June 30.

(shameless plug... I know)

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll get to see SCV in person this summer. I hope they come back strong after a "down" year in '05.

Fran

Arizona, CA Fullerton, Mavs and edmonton

Edmonton, eh? Even after losing their goalie for the series? Yeah, I'll take the Mavs, CSUF and Arizona B)

Honestly, with all the staff and members that SCV lost they will be in the reconstruction phase for a while. Right now I can say BD, PR, Cadets, Bluecoats, and Cavies are all stronger. that leaves them at 6th atleast.

Actually, if you had addded that to your original post, it wouldn't have left such a bad taste because those are legit reasons. However, from what I saw of them in Gilroy, look for some great growth from them this year.

I've just read four websites about the piece to be sure of the following: "American in Paris" was simply a tone poem Gershwin wrote for orchestra...no ballet was ever intended. He conducted it in a New York City stadium in front of 15,000 people in the first stint he ever did as a conductor. I can easily imagine it, though, as being conceived as a ballet. It is so picturesque just with the music alone...it sounds like it SHOULD have movement to it. And that, I believe, is why Phantom's production was so successful. They added the movement and visuals one could almost hear in the music alone. They didn't get in the way...they let it evolve naturally and by the end of the season, it seemed the music had been composed specifically with that show in mind.

Michael, it may have not been a ballet, but it was indeed a motion picture.

kelly_amerinparis_poster.jpg

A poster from 1951's Oscar-winning Best Picture, AN AMERICAN IN PARIS. This Gershwin musical extravaganza (also starring Leslie Caron) was nominated for an amazing eight Academy Awards and took home six statuettes, including those for Art Direction, Cinematography, Costume Design and Musical Scoring.

As a transplanted SF Areaean I thank my luck stars every time I get to see a California drum corps here in the east! Thank you Santa Clara for coming to

local shows near Philly this year!!! I still have my West Is Best T-Shirt, but they

throw rocks at me when I wear it out here!

Bob Fields - Former BD Bus Driver

COMPLETELY OT:

Randy, your avatar is killing me!!

/OT

Stef

B)

Michael, it may have not been a ballet, but it was indeed a motion picture.

kelly_amerinparis_poster.jpg

A poster from 1951's Oscar-winning Best Picture, AN AMERICAN IN PARIS. This Gershwin musical extravaganza (also starring Leslie Caron) was nominated for an amazing eight Academy Awards and took home six statuettes, including those for Art Direction, Cinematography, Costume Design and Musical Scoring.

Yes, but Gershwin wrote the piece in 1928 and he died in 1937, many years before someone made it into a movie.

Thanks for finding the poster. Have any of you ever seen the movie?

I have. It's one of my all-time favorite movies along with "Singing In The Rain" and "On The Town."

Yes, but Gershwin wrote the piece in 1928 and he died in 1937, many years before someone made it into a movie.

Thanks for finding the poster. Have any of you ever seen the movie?

Yep, I've seen it. When I was in Junior High, we played it for a concert piece.