Souvie booths

Just wondering, since Troopers and Kiwanis are not touring but planning on returning to action next year(we are all hoping and wishing them the best) are these corps going to have booths set up in Madison during finals week, or at any shows(especially the major shows) during the season?

Or will DCI be selling any souvies for these corps? Even if these corps aren't in attendance, it would be nice if people could still support them during the summer. Especially since I am sure there are some people who aren't even aware that they aren't able to participate this summer. It would at least be nice if DCI could set up a donations box for the corps not participating but planning on returning to the field in the future.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope they do have stands set up. It will help people remember them. I seem to recall that Magic Of Orlando had a stand set up at finals in 2001, even though they were not participating that year-although I think they had a small performance group performing outside of the stands before the shows and maybe during intermissions. I know we bought several items from their booth, and it was very nice to see their return the next year.

Our family is also hoping for a successful return for both corps next year.

I have heard that Troopers are a yes, they will be at Madison and Denver. KK, I don't know about.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a strong presence of KK and Troop T-shirts in the stands on finals night? Kind of a "hurry back" gesture from the audience?

Jim

I sure hope that they will be allowed to sell their souvies. If buying T-shirts will help either corps come back again then bring them on. :)

Bob Fields

Drum Corps World

What's Happening

Year 30

Good question! I've wondered about this myself. I think it would be great, but does DCI let corps that aren't competing in a particular show have souvie booths at the show? I know a few DIV 2/3 corps that would love to have their booth at shows they aren't in (maybe not on tour yet, or during the week for a weekend unit), but my understanding is DCI says NO. For instance, a DIV 2 corps asked to put a souvie booth at DCI East (it was a practice weekend before tour) and they were denied permission.

Why would they be denied permission? What harm could possibly be done by letting a Div 2 or 3 corps making a couple of extra bucks? :blink:

Good question! I've wondered about this myself. I think it would be great, but does DCI let corps that aren't competing in a particular show have souvie booths at the show? I know a few DIV 2/3 corps that would love to have their booth at shows they aren't in (maybe not on tour yet, or during the week for a weekend unit), but my understanding is DCI says NO. For instance, a DIV 2 corps asked to put a souvie booth at DCI East (it was a practice weekend before tour) and they were denied permission.

Don't know about DCI, but I recall DCA allowing Heat Wave to run a stand on behalf of Magic.