Souvie booths

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the night of finals ALL corps should have their souvenier booths along the under side of the stadium !!!

After all, if this activity and the corps are too survive, corps should be able to have souvie booths anywhere they can, no matter what division they are in !! B)

If they have them at Indy, I know I'll buy some KK souvies. They've had some exciting shows, and I really hope to see them come back!

this is a great question. Someone should find Doug Darwin on tour with the CADETS and ASK HIM if he plans ON DOING ANYTHING TO GET KK BACK ON THE FIELD?! :bleah::bleah::beer::beer::beer:

Doug Darwin is touring with The Cadets ?? :huh: B)

Yeah. He's touring with the Cadets because I'm sure that'll somehow fix the MANY issues KK is facing. I wouldn't give KK a penny of souvie money until the corps is showing faith to actually become a drum corps again. Almost all members found new homes, and I can almost gurantee most of them will not return. And it doesn't look to me like the upper management is in a hurry to fix the problems, even though that's what Doug said this summer was going to be for. Funny, seems he should have said in the press release about not competing this summer something about "I will spend the summer with another corps like most of the current people that were associated with Kiwanis." Yes. I am bitter. But to try and keep this on track somewhat, I would just say that I would not be buying souvies or donating to a corps, until you know that the money is going to the MEMBERS not the beer garden at an exhibition. My thoughts. Flame away at me if need be.

Yeah. He's touring with the Cadets because I'm sure that'll somehow fix the MANY issues KK is facing. I wouldn't give KK a penny of souvie money until the corps is showing faith to actually become a drum corps again. Almost all members found new homes, and I can almost gurantee most of them will not return. And it doesn't look to me like the upper management is in a hurry to fix the problems, even though that's what Doug said this summer was going to be for. Funny, seems he should have said in the press release about not competing this summer something about "I will spend the summer with another corps like most of the current people that were associated with Kiwanis." Yes. I am bitter. But to try and keep this on track somewhat, I would just say that I would not be buying souvies or donating to a corps, until you know that the money is going to the MEMBERS not the beer garden at an exhibition. My thoughts. Flame away at me if need be.

Ouch! Understood, but ouch!

Good question! I've wondered about this myself. I think it would be great, but does DCI let corps that aren't competing in a particular show have souvie booths at the show? I know a few DIV 2/3 corps that would love to have their booth at shows they aren't in (maybe not on tour yet, or during the week for a weekend unit), but my understanding is DCI says NO. For instance, a DIV 2 corps asked to put a souvie booth at DCI East (it was a practice weekend before tour) and they were denied permission.

Might it be a problem of space and equity for all corps? What if a bunch wanted to set up booths? At J Birney in particular that area is not huge. I don't recall seeing a lot of empty space last summer when I was perusing the souvie area.

Just speculating on this.

Mike

Might it be a problem of space and equity for all corps? What if a bunch wanted to set up booths? At J Birney in particular that area is not huge. I don't recall seeing a lot of empty space last summer when I was perusing the souvie area.

Just speculating on this.

Mike

Hey Mike, how about IF all the corps in DCI set up a booth at semis and finals only ??

Providing there is enough room, that is !!

I mean it's only fair to share the wealth, right ?? B)

Edited by ODBC