Question...

I don't recall...did the Bluecoats beat Phantom Regiment at some point last year?

What is the recent history between the two over the past, say, 3 years?

I think I remember Bluecoats beating Regiment during the 1998 season, and I know for a fact they beat them in the 1987 and 1988 early seasons, but I also have a fuzzy memory of 'coats beating them in the past couple of years...am I wrong?

To be a little more specific, the Bluecoats came within .1 of Phantom in Lisle last year.

Phantom 70.35

Bluecoats 70.25

Bluecoats did not beat Phantom in 2004, and I'm nearly positive that they did not in '03. I haven't checked for sure, that's just based on the assumption that with Phantom's West Coast tour, and the end of season placements, Bluecoats did not beat them.

-meghan

I don't recall...did the Bluecoats beat Phantom Regiment at some point last year?

What is the recent history between the two over the past, say, 3 years?

I think I remember Bluecoats beating Regiment during the 1998 season, and I know for a fact they beat them in the 1987 and 1988 early seasons, but I also have a fuzzy memory of 'coats beating them in the past couple of years...am I wrong?

Your memory is right on.

Bluecoats did beat Regiment three times in 1998 - 7/14 (Hornell), 7/19 (Burlington IA) and 7/21 (Sioux City). That was the last time Bluecoats placed ahead of Regiment.

Prior to that there were two times in 1987 and once in 1988 - all in June.

blue has been definitly pushing ahead of the curve the last few years- but phantom has done their fair share of pushing as well- i thought it might be close last year- but when i saw phantom towards the end of july i knew they were a good step ahead- i have no qualms as long as the best corps comes out ahead- and so far- its been well judged... i hope both groups have really good seasons this year-- i'm expecting big things

I got to see the Bluecoats last night at Belle Vernon High School in Pennsylvania.

While walking around the souvie truck, I noticed a simple black t-shirt in the souvie truck that will be a big seller for the corps this year. On this t-shirt, it reads:

"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear."

How true. Also, their new equipment truck has to be the best in DCI, wow!

I will be parked at this PC on Saturday night awaiting scores...and then I will have some things to say (giggles excitedly inside).

Elmo Blatch

ok elmo-- you saw them- but all you talked about was their shirt and souvie truck-- how were the actual BLUECOATS? hehen (appreciating any kind imput since things are usually so quiet during all days)

i guess you dont want to sound like a homer with your description, but i wont hold it against you! :)