Making a statment of being rude?

What if a corps comes out, plays the first three minutes of their show while standing on one leg, then puts their horns down, picks up kazoos and plays the next four minutes while doing the funky chicken, and then sits down on the field and plays duck duck goose for the rest of the show????

What if what if what if...

:worthy:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if a corps comes out, plays the first three minutes of their show while standing on one leg, then puts their horns down, picks up kazoos and plays the next four minutes while doing the funky chicken, and then sits down on the field and plays duck duck goose for the rest of the show????

Yeah... regardless of whether my scenario is likely to happen or not, what will happen?

I'd be wondering if they'd found an old piece of Bobby Hoffman's hair and produced a clone...

LOL!!

:P

Dangit!!

You know corps designers are always lurking here trying to find ways to make DCP members happy.. quit giving them crazy ideas!!

Stef

But the D1 minimum is 10 minutes, is it not?

Whatever the minimum is.. if it's not met, a penalty is assessed.

Please point me to a show where there was NOT a penalty assessed for going UNDER time. I don't think it's happened.

In fact, the most I can remember any corps standing still in the past five years is about half of their last song (no guard work is another issue). Typically, that's less than a full minute.. but you know, anything I say is going to be countered by people who are defensive about this.

Bottom line is no one is getting a free pass... or special judging treatment.. what they put on the field on a given night is what gets judged. If it doesn't meet the criteria (whether it's performance, GE, visual, color guard, timing.. whatever), it's going to get rewarded for the level of achievement they reach or will be penalized accordingly.

I've looked at early season sheets at the end of a show I'm covering and even my lowly, uneducated eye can recognize a low guard score that's probably due to the fact that the guard book wasn't completely on the field while the rest of the show was complete.

I'm really curious what fantasy land some of you guys are living in that's got your panties in such a bunch over something that just plain isn't happening.

Stef

Edited by ScribeToo

OK so if in fact ChicagoFan's scenario breaks timing rules, let's try this scenario instead: What about a corps that comes out and marches 2 minutes of drill, music, and guard work, and then stands still and plays almost all of the rest of their music for the final 6-7 minutes?

I'm guessing they get a big hit in vis GE B)

Just for the record, there isn't a timing penalty until the first regional. I don't think there is even a timing judge at all before the first regional actually. I think the idea is to give the corps a little room for error for a while until they can get the timing right for their show. Some corps come out, and then they realize "Oh gosh, we are 30 seconds overtime!" this gives them time to get their act together and make any cuts necessary without dealing with a 5 point penalty for half of the season.

It's possible that there is still some sort of penalty for being undertime at the early shows, but it seems to me that if there wasn't one for overtime there wouldn't be one for undertime either.

Well, there's a standing ovation waiting to happen right there...

Whatever the minimum is.. if it's not met, a penalty is assessed.

Please point me to a show where there was NOT a penalty assessed for going UNDER time. I don't think it's happened.

Penalties are routinely not assessed in the first month of the season.