finals predictions

No Yamato in your top 6?
Or Dutch Boy?

I dont know... I really do think its going to be a crap shoot after the top three... we'll see... i will have to see the bottom three compete against dutch boy and yamato. Citations are dominating colorguard...too bad their drum line is so young... if their effect scores improve they will definitely have a chance.

Edited by dudes

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know all that much about Dutch Boy but come on, do you really think Yamato is going to finish below Citations? Yamato is a top 3 corps and Citations, though they may have a good guard, lost to HYPE twice last weekend (as well as us Raiders once). Hype, if I'm not mistaken, was a bottom Div III corps last year. I don't think Citations will get top 6. Fever has a much better shot.

I don't know all that much about Dutch Boy but come on, do you really think Yamato is going to finish below Citations? Yamato is a top 3 corps and Citations, though they may have a good guard, lost to HYPE twice last weekend (as well as us Raiders once). Hype, if I'm not mistaken, was a bottom Div III corps last year. I don't think Citations will get top 6. Fever has a much better shot.

HYPE may have had thier ups and downs in recent years, but previous placement does not determine how well a corps will do this season. Although I have not seen them yet this season, they obviously are doing well. This *may* be one of their strongest corps since 2000.

Why do you think Fever has a better shot than anyone else? Previous years? I love Fever, don't get me wrong, but they've had a few up hill battles this year within their organization (and responding quite, well, btw). I'd love to see them place well, also.

It will also be interesting to see how Revolution stacks up when they are up against some of the other higher scoring corps. And Dutch Boy does have a great show this year....not to mention the coolest new uniforms!!

The Div2/3 tour should be exciting!

OK, here is my shot at Division III finals in no particular order :

I haven't seen any Division III corps this year so I'm winging this.

Dutch Boy

Impulse

Yamato

Raiders

Revolution

H.Y.P.E. (hey you never know) !

Good luck to all this season !!!! ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

Edited by ODBC

That is not correct... unless something changed that hasn't been officially recorded yet.

From dci.org

Also, there is no more grand finals. It's a good old fashion prelims/semifinals/finals format, the way it should be :)

It could be I wasn't listening to Charlie Groh with my total attention.

I thought that is what he said, and he is on the Div II/III council.

Let call it my error.

New Div II/III Predictions

Top 5's

Div II

Academy (by 4 points)

Spartans

East Coast Jazz

Blue Devil B

Oregon Crusaders

Div III

Impulse (what an I say, they have a chance)

Revolution

Raiders

Yamato

Sp. Thunder or Fever

I was trying to keep track of which corps belonged to which divisions because of all of the comparison/contrasts on these forums. According to DCI’s list of corps I found the following breakdowns interesting. Forgive me for not listing Senior corps.

There are 25 Div. I corps, 11 Div. II corps, and 23 Div. III corps. Taken to a logical and absurd conclusion that means all Div. II corps will be in the top 12!

Most controversy seems east vs. west so I made a regional (definitions from google search) breakdown.

NE and Mid-Atlantic states 3 Div. I, 3 Div. II, 7 Div. III = 13 corps

Southern states 4 Div. I, 2 Div. II, 2 Div. III = 8 corps

Midwest states 9 Div. I, 1 Div. II, 2 Div. III = 12 corps

Rocky Mountain states 2 Div. I, 1 Div. II, 1 Div. III = 4 corps

Pacific states 6 Div. I, 4 Div. II, 6 Div. III = 16 corps

Canada 1 Div. I, 5 Div. III = 6 corps

I think they are all winners. Yes, I'm a FANatical Mom!

HYPE may have had thier ups and downs in recent years, but previous placement does not determine how well a corps will do this season. Although I have not seen them yet this season, they obviously are doing well. This *may* be one of their strongest corps since 2000.

Why do you think Fever has a better shot than anyone else? Previous years? I love Fever, don't get me wrong, but they've had a few up hill battles this year within their organization (and responding quite, well, btw). I'd love to see them place well, also.

It will also be interesting to see how Revolution stacks up when they are up against some of the other higher scoring corps. And Dutch Boy does have a great show this year....not to mention the coolest new uniforms!!

The Div2/3 tour should be exciting!

I suppose I can't really judge how good Fever is because I haven't seen them, and I haven't seen Citations either even though Raiders have competed twice against them, so maybe Citations does have a shot. I would still go with Fever over them, but we'll see come finals.

yay show day today!!!!!!!!

maybe some people's minds will change depending on how today and tommorow's shows go...

Edited by Gbassman5