finals predictions

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HYPE may have had thier ups and downs in recent years, but previous placement does not determine how well a corps will do this season. Although I have not seen them yet this season, they obviously are doing well. This *may* be one of their strongest corps since 2000.

I'll tell you right now, HYPE is the strongest it has ever been. I'd be willing to say this years corps is one of the strongest to come out of Hamilton in many, many years, including going back into the Conqueror II days. Last year's placement is not at all a fair assessment of where the corps will place this year, nor is it an indicator of how corps we placed above / below last season are doing comparatively...the corps is much stronger this season, that's all.

You can't even go off the rankings right now. Some corps are in a whole slate of shows, some like Dutch have only been in two and have been off the field for several days. It's only going to get clearer when eveyone is on tour and see some more matchups. I saw Dutch again today at the alumni picnic and I'm looking for a much stronger finish than last year. Sucks to say that when I was on staff last year and I'm not this year, but hey........

it's my prediction that Memphis will move up this year.

what a sound.

~>conner

I'm very proud of memphis thus far. I just hope they can keep pushing until G. Finals

My guess:

1. Academy...will be much higher than everyone else. If div 1...could make semis...just a guess

2. Spartans

3. OC...saw them in Seattle...without Academy...Spartans and OC would be battling for the top div 2 spot. Trust me...they are that good. COULD win percussion...but haven't yet seen Academy

4. ECJ

5. BDB

Well if you dont believe me...

Citations closed the gap even more last night to 5 points behind last years champs....

Raiders 68

Citations 65

everyone else was a pretty big leap behind them... just a thought.

Like i said it is close and you wont know til they are alll together.

Well if you dont believe me...

Citations closed the gap even more last night to 5 points behind last years champs....

Raiders 68

Citations 65

everyone else was a pretty big leap behind them... just a thought.

Like i said it is close and you wont know til they are alll together.

Just thought I'd clear this up...Raiders got a 69.7 and Citations got a 63.0. So it wasn't as close as you say. But I'm interested to see how Citations will stack up this year against some other good Div III corps, it would appear that they're pretty good this year.

wow!! go Citations!! I'm very happy for you all! definitely a corps full of very nice kids, staff, and volunteers. I miss sharing the Norwood police station with ya'll during the 4th of july weekends haha. Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!

My guess:

1. Academy...will be much higher than everyone else. If div 1...could make semis...just a guess

2. Spartans

3. OC...saw them in Seattle...without Academy...Spartans and OC would be battling for the top div 2 spot. Trust me...they are that good. COULD win percussion...but haven't yet seen Academy

4. ECJ

5. BDB

I like how alot of people think Spartans are gona be second...They closed the gap to Acadamy at the wildwood show by 2 points... and with diff west to east coast judges i think it will be spartans and AA fighting for first...and then ECJ and OC fighting for second