finals predictions

Impulse is division III

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the kind of arrogance that's become expected of Academy fans this season. The kids probably deserve better representation than they've gotten here.

just as not all cadets fans are "borgs," not all academy fans act that way. please avoid sweeping generalizations :)

Just the kind of arrogance that's become expected of Academy fans this season. The kids probably deserve better representation than they've gotten here.

I don't think it's arrogance at all. Once again, I think it is realistic. I don't think it will be a 10 point spread between first and second place, but I also don't think it will be close like div. 1. Look how well they jumped out of the gate, especially compared to the others. Scores back up what i'm saying, not just "arrogance."

Edited by euphguy

Wow...no Surf? I think you might be surprised when they get the whole show together and cleaned up...

Oops, I knew I was forgetting someone. Surf will def. make finals, but I don't know who to subtract. If Impulse is div. III indeed, it may make it a little easier.

Edited by euphguy

I don't think it's arrogance at all. Once again, I think it is realistic. I don't think it will be a 10 point spread between first and second place, but I also don't think it will be close like div. 1. Look how well they jumped out of the gate, especially compared to the others. Scores back up what i'm saying, not just "arrogance."

I'm not surprised you don't think it is. Doesn't change much though. Your message was still "All other Corps are competing for 2nd". Don't think that belittles those Corps or their efforts? If not, you're pretty dense. As far as jumping out of the gate. Yes, as usual they were 1st out, and did well. Now that the East Coast Corps are out one other Corps has every bit as good of a start as Academy, with a 3rd very close to those two. Whoever wins in Madison will have to be "on", because it will be a battle to the end. Good luck to all of them. Hype your favorite Corps by all means, but in doing so when you belittle any of the other Corps, you're really just showing some immaturity.

Keep in mind the procedure changed again.

it is the top 6 from each division, no longer the top 3 and next 6 highest scores from each division.

So a few higher scoring corps will be bumped out of grand finals for a lower scoring Div III corps.

(I believe this is correct, I may be wrong)ased on how things have started this season, these are my predictions.

Div II

1 Academy

2 BDB

3 Spartans

4 SCVC

5 Mem Snd

6 Jersey Surf

7 OR Cr

8 Jubal

Div III

1 Impulse

2 Revolution

3 Yamato

4 Fever

5 Raiders

6 Cap Sound

7 Dutch Boy

Grand Finals

1 Academy

2 BDB

3 Spartans

4 SCVC

5 Mem Snd

6 Div II

1 Academy

2 BDB

3 Spartans

4 SCVC

5 Mem Snd

6 Jersey Surf

7 OR Cr

8 Jubal

I could be totally Wrong or off by no more than 2 places in a few cases.

it is the top 6 from each division, no longer the top 3 and next 6 highest scores from each division.

That is not correct... unless something changed that hasn't been officially recorded yet.

From dci.org

Division II & III prelims line up will be determined by the scores at the Michigan City events on August 4th and 5th with the highest score performing last. The tope 9 corps from each division will advance on to semifinals (Division III on Thursday and Division II on Friday). The top 3 scoring corps from both division II and division III plus the next 6 highest scoring corps, regardless of division, will advance to the finals competition. If an international division corps should happen to place in the top units advancing, the next placing corps will advance.

Also, there is no more grand finals. It's a good old fashion prelims/semifinals/finals format, the way it should be :)

Edited by bari_benzo

That is not correct... unless something changed that hasn't been officially recorded yet.

From dci.org

Also, there is no more grand finals. It's a good old fashion prelims/semifinals/finals format, the way it should be :)

And as you can see in the quote from dci.org Jubal can compete in Div2. They are an international division corps and don't have any age restrictions.

So, come on guys. What are the predictions for the Dutch?

So a few higher scoring corps will be bumped out of grand finals for a lower scoring Div III corps.

(I believe this is correct, I may be wrong)ased on how things have started this season, these are my predictions.

Div II

1 Academy

2 BDB

3 Spartans

4 SCVC

5 Mem Snd

6 Jersey Surf

7 OR Cr

8 Jubal

Div III

1 Impulse

2 Revolution

3 Yamato

4 Fever

5 Raiders

6 Cap Sound

7 Dutch Boy

Grand Finals

1 Academy

2 BDB

3 Spartans

4 SCVC

5 Mem Snd

6 Div II

1 Academy

2 BDB

3 Spartans

4 SCVC

5 Mem Snd

6 Jersey Surf

7 OR Cr

8 Jubal

I could be totally Wrong or off by no more than 2 places in a few cases.

ECJ??? :blink:

ECJ??? :lol:

Exactly what I was thinking... they gotta be up there somewhere!