Fracks worse than (or just as bad as) Blue Devils 1989

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

probably.. the one solo that got the most applause out of any of these,

2003 cavaliers trumpet towards the end of the show, everything was really good until that last note.. i don't think i've ever heard a worse sound than a double buzz of a double G or whatever it was

but the funny thing is, the crowd still went nuts... maybe they didn't hear it...

There was a mellophone solo in a recent Cadets show that fracked pretty bad. I think it was 2002 or 2003. Can't remember though. They edited it out of the finals dvd, and used the solo from the night before.

The BD '89 soloist may have missed that one, lousey note at final. But for all who has heard the semis recording knows that he could really nail it ever other time.

Worst part about it is that the Devs were smoking hot until that solo, then the air just got let out of the bag.....what a great show to be ruined.

DW

Actually, it was the greatest recovery of all time (yes, even better than Cadets at Whitewater in '84).

Johnny One Note was off the hook, because at that point we were all about "F-it...take no prisoners!"

Worst part about it is that the Devs were smoking hot until that solo, then the air just got let out of the bag.....what a great show to be ruined.

DW

Nah, they picked up and finished strong. Amazing show.

Actually, the fracked note was the middle note of the triad. The top note was nails every time. :beer:

Part of what I thought was funny about that frack was that the guy was hyping so much with his buddies in the trio before he tried to play. Maybe if he cooled his jets he would've hit the note.

A not-so-funny frack from the pre-DCI era was during RA's 1968 rendition of Voodoo Doll. It sounded like the poor guy had run out of gas. Every time I listen to that recording I feel for him. I had to wait until the alumni corps did the tune to understand what was being attempted.