Dear Carolina Crown

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHANGE THE GAME

please stop . they are ruining it.

you read posts like this and wonder why there are so many crown haters.

I like the corps . I dislike the posters.

Big Friggin Waaaaah. Stop making pearls with the sand in your clam and loosen up a little. Why is it that people can come on here and root for or predict success for any other corps other than crown? I've got a suggestion for you, stop reading any posts that have crown in the title because there's a high likelihood someone will be saying positive things about them.

Big Friggin Waaaaah. Stop making pearls with the sand in your clam and loosen up a little. Why is it that people can come on here and root for or predict success for any other corps other than crown? I've got a suggestion for you, stop reading any posts that have crown in the title because there's a high likelihood someone will be saying positive things about them.

:bleah::bleah::beer:

I have gotten word that crown has been having a few issues that have slowed there progress abit. This comes from a very good source, who works with a couple of the staff on a regular basis.

First off, word is that they have had a rough time of recruiting locals. Having been from that area, and having been part of the top band there (Although it's been a few years) I know there is a large pool of talent to draw from. I have heard that rising cost have made it difficult for some of the top musicians in the area to participate.

Secondly, I hear there has been some communication issues between staff members about the direction the corp is going...Obviously, creative differences occur and is part of the whole process but word has it that some of these differences have occured in front of the corp...

Crown has made great strides (IMO) and I would hate to see it get derailed!

Beee Theeeerrrrreeee !!!!

Attend EVERY show within a reasonable distance.

Have you bought your tickets yet?

Mr. and Mrs. AdSigns are our good friends in the Carolinas, and they are 100% right.

Ya'll, support the activity with your attendance at local shows. It keeps gas in the buses and food in the corps members.

Edited by GeorgiaGirl

Hmm? This is news to me.

Last I checked, about 50% of the corps is from within 200 miles of FM. The corps draws from all over the country, but a good portion of the membership is relativlty local. If they are having recruiting issues, it hasn't shown in the numbers.

I cannot answer for any staff issues, as I am not privy to staff meetings. I can say, though, that I have never seen the staff be anything but professionals in front of the corps.

PS...It's corpS

I'm just going by what I have heard. and I appreciate the grammer lesson!

Question...Are you from that part of the country?

I have gotten word that crown has been having a few issues that have slowed there progress abit. This comes from a very good source, who works with a couple of the staff on a regular basis.

First off, word is that they have had a rough time of recruiting locals. Having been from that area, and having been part of the top band there (Although it's been a few years) I know there is a large pool of talent to draw from. I have heard that rising cost have made it difficult for some of the top musicians in the area to participate.

Secondly, I hear there has been some communication issues between staff members about the direction the corp is going...Obviously, creative differences occur and is part of the whole process but word has it that some of these differences have occured in front of the corp...

Crown has made great strides (IMO) and I would hate to see it get derailed!

I was there all day this past Saturday. They are going through what any corps goes through during early summer everydays. Changes, tweaks, adjustments. This is a part of the members life, we all know that. I assure you what I saw during ensemble was nothing but professional as far as the staff goes. The kids are working really hard, and the show is by far no chump. It will be exciting to see everyone's reaction when they see this show for the first time. It really did this alumn proud to see what was going on out there. I am very proud of the hard work everyone is putting into the show.

I would figure most people would have learned to ignore dcifan2002 by now. I have.

Maybe I'll start paying attention to him when he demonstrates that he is at least somewhat literate.