Cadets are better than 2005 (by a lot)

Two quick responses.

Glad George will give a full review as he has a fuller understanding on DCI Div I. And I'm willing to beat big time $$$$ he had a better seat than I did. :P

Don't read too much into Cadets and props this time of season. Last year that door thingee :P was not in the Gettysburg show either. But I hope "tonights props" (wouldn't give it away ^0^ ) get painted a different color. Ugh!! :P

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And afterwards the Cadets were doing their laundry and Crossmen were going to WallMart.

No I ain't being a smart aleck. Crossmen going to WallMart was announced at the show and I read the Cadets schedule posted at the Semi.

And Cop I would also like to see any photos of the Lancers from the show as I am in there somewhere. B)

Sorry, posted this on another thread before I saw this one. Thought I might pose the question/issue here...

Did anyone else not go because they were charging $15 for a three corps exhibition??? I'm sorry, but I'll spend my $15 for cheap seats at a show later in the season with complete drill and more corps and a competition. Last year the Gburg show tickets were something like $5-7. They were also charging for kids 6 and older...Sorry, Gburg, but I had to pass. Hope the show went well for the kids and staff and all. Sorry that the show sponsor made it hard for those of us with smaller pockets to fill the seats. Have a good rest of the season.

George, did you see a girl walking around tonight with a bandage above her eye? My daughter had 5 stitches today and didn't get to perform tonight!

aw - I'm so sorry to hear that! :(

No - I didn't see her - I was up near the top of the stadium on the 50 and really didn't leave my seat. I certainly hope she's better soon and is back out there!

I wonder if the Cadets will have the schoolgirl walk around the stands before the show this year like they did last year. Does anyone have info on this yet? Its probably too early to tell...

George, I hate to ask this b/c I know I'll get flamed (not by you), but tell me - did they get rid of last year's gimmicks? If so, then I'm really looking forward to seeing this show.

Well, let's see...

Do you consider having a member running around the field in a full body white rabbit suit too gimmicky??

Or three other characters dressed up like Alice, the Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts??

They didn't have the costumes at the show, but that's what they're planning on doing. Get ready DCP. Start your engines...

Look, I know they're gonna be fantastic this year, and they will definitely make the top 3. Everything they do from a performance standpoint, they do well...even for June, though I wished their marching was better. I was hoping for more integration from the color guard this year...still haven't gotten it yet, though I admit the show is incomplete. Their sound system is still as dreadful as it was last year. All the vocals sounded muddy. Apart from Alice repeating "Where are we?" over and over, I could barely understand the rest of the "dialougue." Props are still missing, costuming for the guard and corps are still missing, but I expect those things to make the show make more sense. They'll be amazing, but I don't think I'm buying it yet.

And yes, the Crossmen were much better than they were last year at this time. I think as they mature during the summer and start performing consistently, they will make finals.