Cadets are better than 2005 (by a lot)

In my opinion...

before going to grab the hotdog, you should watch first. It wont kill you.

I can't wait for The Cadets... for once.if what George says is true, then I might have to re-evaluate where I put them in finals (3rd.)

Thanks for the "review" George.

~>conner

He's G mikey, He won't like it. He hates everything. ( dealing with amps and vocals in drum corps) :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Gettysburg also... I think that the Cadets show will be very theatrical; more movement from the guard than the hornline. The drumline looks great! Dancing on the benches will be very cool, especially when their in costume I'm sure. The door will be back, if you notice in the beginning "Alice" pops out of it in the beginning (well at least I think that's what she was pretending to do).

The vocalist gets lost in the show. And you do wonder... is she really necessary? Maybe they can cut that part out and she can carry Props around instead. Just don't see her adding anything to an already exciting show; she's kind of distracting. Maybe she should only sing during the ballad... that's the only place it really fit. The other times she sang were kind of dumb.

Here is a recap from the Hop Blog of what's to come.

"Chacter Costumes to come... t-sided uniforms again... 10 ft banners to come and handles for the benches... and yes, a new and improved DOOR."

To read more click here:

http://yeaguy.livejournal.com/

Edited by xbones7480

He's G mikey, He won't like it. He hates everything. ( dealing with amps and vocals in drum corps) :)

But, hey, that's Life. :P

With such a glowing report and with the Cadets being "better than 2005 by a lot," does this mean they will easily top 100 points when the win the 2006 DCI Championship?

Well, if Erie Thunderbirds can do it in DCA mini-corps competition (105 in '95), isn't it about time somebody did in DCI? :D

Or, you can head for a hot dog, satisfied in knowing you aint mising much since you really fell in love with this activitty for the brass/percussion sound, not mediocre sound systems or voice overs when you should be hearing instruments, or silly non-sensical speaking or more gimmics. Its fun when you are an adulta dn you can make up your own mind, open or not, but true to your beliefs and what you like and consider art.....or fodder.

~G~

Are you condescending me? Because that is one sure way to #### me off, especially when you know absolutely nothing about me, my age, my experience, or my knowledge of this activity. You are not dealing with a 12 year old child, and I would never talk to you like that.

with all due respect (and you know I love you) but last night I witnessed the best brass & percussion sound I ever have in June

George

I love you too, and respect your opinions. Thats why I cant wait to see and hear this show and decide what I think. Knowing how highly you regard it makes me anticipate it more than I did before you started this thread. I would never "Get a hot dog" during any corps, just offering anpther POV.

~G~

LOL. well, you are "almost" right about that but it wouldnt be fair to already judge and dismiss something I just might like. But there is nothing wrong with changing your mind.

~G~

Try it once to see if you like it.

Then try it one more time to make sure. :P

Are you condescending me? Because that is one sure way to #### me off, especially when you know absolutely nothing about me, my age, my experience, or my knowledge of this activity. You are not dealing with a 12 year old child, and I would never talk to you like that.

Wow, you couldnt be further off the mark, notice I started MY post with an "or" meaning in addition to in opposition to, whatever you wnat it to be.....a different view. Am I supposed to worry or be afraid( or even care) that I might have "###### you off" ?? LOL LOL, frankly, Im sorry for you and your personality if that is all it took, and its your problem not mine...you gonna look for me and beat me up behind the bleachers 'cause I dont agree with you? That sounds like a 12 year old child to me......

~G~