Anyone have pics of the new Madison uni's?

Man, this thread is making me feel as though I'm the only guy who liked the '03-'05 uniform. I thought it really looked sharp on the field.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first impressions:

I like it better than the last couple years.

I'm not sure I'm digging the psudosash over the shoulder. I'd like it to be not attached to the uniform, and more like it was in the 90's uni's. Maybe just a bit thicker I'd say.

The fleur-de-lis, looks alright, just wish the outline were a bit thicker and more dominant, it would seem if you were an audience member you'd really have to look hard to make out the design.

As for the mirror, it seems low on the uniform, but I'm really not a fan of the mirrors in general.

Wouldnt mind a thin white line up the sides of the legs, I think it would make them look taller, but then again, if everyone wasnt in step it would look very obvious.

I think its a good throwback (with a modern twist) to the old 83 uni's.

Eeek...the guard uni's look like 94 Magic...Not used to that look from a Madison guard.

I'd say a definate improvement overall. Good times.

Bros...just play your heart out, have a good time, and work like dogs.

We will be seeing you in August with the other 230 alumni. :)

Meow! Scouts in uniform! That's male enough for me. That's all I've got to say.

OK, it's not. Bowties are for showchoirs and weddings.

And those silver mardi gras beads are the same beads that were on their jackets last year. They looks like citation cords, but are probably a lot cheaper.

Not Bowties...actual ties..check out the 83? uniform...its awesome.

Mardi gra beads look cheap, and they looked cheap last year too. I guess it's better than not having cords at all.

I really like the jacket, although I'm not crazy about the sash and dark pants. I'm having mixed feelings, but for sure I would have liked to see them stick with last years version. the white/green/ silver was amazing.

I have three different "versions" of my feelings on these uniforms...

Up-close shot- Wow...not bad...

Ensemble shot of entire corps- "On the field...from Santa Clara, California...." :P (think 91' SCV)

Color guard- Bumble bee tuna!.....Bumble bee tuna!! (obscure "Ace Ventura: When nature calls" reference) :bleah:

No, really...the guard uniforms just look bad. (Someone really nailed it when they mentioned Magic '94, although Magic 95' is prob what they meant)

My opinion, of course...

Edited by Cardman

From Santa Rosemont Wi. the Santa Claravaliers! <**>

Man, this thread is making me feel as though I'm the only guy who liked the '03-'05 uniform. I thought it really looked sharp on the field.

i wasnt really a fan of 03 or 04s edition, but i LOVED 05. thought it was classy and read well from upstairs.

The guard looks ghastly. Dump 'em all and go with 85 horns.

Reminds me of Dutch Boy. ^OO^ I like them! Clean and professional. They do look a little like last year's SCV uni in reverse, but that's OK with me. Overall a huge improvement.

The guard - hmmmm.........