Anyone have pics of the new Madison uni's?

The fleur de lis on the front does not and has not worked for me. It doesn't make for a strong enough male presence.

With so much white the fleur has pretty much vanished. It looks like just white top/dark pants. Nothing that say "Madison".

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#4) The jackets are way to short....looks a little to Cavies for me.

That's the cut nowadays though...just about every corps uniform is this way...starting with the new BD uni back in '94...makes the entire corps look taller...or at least, that's the idea I guess...

Personally, at first glance, I LOVE this uniform. I know it's not the same as the "pre-'02" uni, but then again, the "pre-'02" uni wasn't the same as the one before it, etc etc. I'm sure they'll never go back, and I wouldn't really expect them to. Things change, and I've had to learn to accept the good with the bad, but I see this as a HUGE improvement over the past 3 years (of which I was never a fan myself). I think it's classy and subtle, yet still distinct enough to stand out. I personally thought the uni from the past 3 years was a bit too wild or comical, so I see this as a very positive thing. I only wish they'd go back to the unattached sash ($1 to Sly for beating me to it), perhaps something new or different about the aussie, and REAL citation cords...even in a light grey or silver color...green might look nice too! ^0^

Bottom line...love it...good job Michael!! :D

Edited by BigBadMadMan

Those are kickin'. ^OO^

Only thing I will say negatively is that I wish the cords were either red or green, to contrast the top more, probably better in green to also stand out from the sash. I like it!

The fleur-de-lis, looks alright, just wish the outline were a bit thicker and more dominant, it would seem if you were an audience member you'd really have to look hard to make out the design.

As for the mirror, it seems low on the uniform, but I'm really not a fan of the mirrors in general.

Wouldnt mind a thin white line up the sides of the legs, I think it would make them look taller, but then again, if everyone wasnt in step it would look very obvious.

I think its a good throwback (with a modern twist) to the old 83 uni's.

Eeek...the guard uni's look like 94 Magic...Not used to that look from a Madison guard.

I was at the show last night.

Yes, the fleu-de-lis IS hard to make out, and I thought the exact same thing you said. It's silver, but it's such a light shade of silver that it doesn't really stick out from a distance. They'd might as well just have a plain white jacket.

Yes, the mirror is too low. And it doesn't really work at all on the uniform. They should just dump it.

I liked the guard uniforms.

In general, I miss the 88-02 uniforms A LOT. I miss the days when corps had the balls to wear leg stripes. Both this and the last version is just way too TIGHT. I'm waiting for the day when someone comes out with a full spandex uniform that totally contours to the body, because that's how it's heading the way everyone is fitting their unis these days. Regarding the "clean" look, to me it just looks "santized". Very lacking in character and BLAH.

That being said, I agree with the poster who said the all-green would look good.

Before I say anything else, I must say that I like this uniform for some reason. Maybe it's the solid blocks of color broken up by smaller elements or maybe it's just that I thought the uniforms they were in before were tacky and just not good looking at all. I don't know- but I really enjoy this look.

Having said this, it seems as though Madison is sort of locked between two worlds. They want the fluer de lis, they want the mirror, they want the aguillete. But it also seems like they understand that the uniform of yesterday does not appear as dynamic from the pressbox while it may have looked awesome up close. So they seem to have compromised between tradition and what is "needed" to do well from a visual standpoint in today's drum corps world. They keep the logo but they make it minimal- it's there up close but it doesn't make an impression from the box. They keep the chords but they make them the same color to eliminate the possible "cluttering" of the all white top. They keep the mirror and sash but they minimalize this as well just to give the front of the uniform a splash of color.

I think that the people who want the tradition Scouts "look" should be happy they didn't remove all the items above. Visually, none of them do anything. They could have got much better results (from a competitive and visual standpoint) by leaving all that stuff off. But I think it's good they found a way to blend competition and tradition. This uniform is a good move.

Yeah okay, not what I expected at all but I think with the group the uniform will work well on the field. I know back in 1983 and 1984 the concern with the dark pants was that they were loosing their legs from the crowd. I wonder if this will be the case with this uni as well.

Man, this thread is making me feel as though I'm the only guy who liked the '03-'05 uniform. I thought it really looked sharp on the field.

You're not alone. I loved them.