Season Pass Lisle coverage

Reviews? Thoughts?

It was everything Season Pass should be about, and I hope DCI continues this. I hope they also do it for week night shows when possible.

I was going to cancel my subscription, but this turned me right around.

Edited by Kamarag

Here is a quick review of last nights Season Pass features for the Major Event coverage at Lisle.

Photo Gallery: Excellent just like last year. Great quality pictures. My only suggestion is that we could somehow get to blow them up a little as they are a little small.

Behind the Scenes Action: This was excellent just like last year as well. Good interviews with and stories. Most of them had audio as well. Well done.

Videos: From the content of last year, this was where DCI made the most substantial improvement. Each video was between 1:30 and 2:40, but the big boys (Glassmen through Phantom) each had video clips between 2:30 and 2:45. The quality was so much better than last year that it is hard to explain. Last year it was like watching it with ditry glasses on and this year it was like you had eye surgery and could see perfect. It is so clear compared to last year you can actually see things. These videos were great...nice job. These will be on the Season Pass site throughout the summer. Many people complained about the quality of clips last year, that wont happen again.

Streaming: This is the addition, and was supposed to be only available at Atlanta and Semis. But when we logged in, it was there on the left hand side as an option (Beta Stream Test). The streaming quality is not the best, compared to other streaming on the internet, audio being the biggest problem. Yes, it was also choppy at times. However, I should also say that it was not choppy or poor enough to turn it off by any means. The quality of the stream was comparable to last years video clips of the corps. So it was still decent, just not like the quality of this years video clips...in time this will improve as well...maybe even before the end of the summer, who knows. This was I believe a "Easter Egg" of sorts and I do not know if it will be at the remaining Major Events. The Season Pass staff actually came on the stream and gave us announcements, one saying that they were turning it off but would turn it back on for retreat, and two saying that they may be back with the stream in Columbia. My guess is that they may not have the capability to run the stream at every major event show (Allentown for sure). This all being said...if there is only streaming at Atl and Semis...like what was posted initially...this alone is worth the price of a 3 month subscription to Season Pass ($20 for each show).

If you look in last years posts, I was one of the biggest complainers of Season Pass, this year it is well worth the price. Kevin (or anyone else, as it seems the Season Pass staff reads this board)...maybe can clarify any mistakes in this message.

"The contents of this message are mine personally and do not necessarily reflect any position of Drum Corps International or Season Pass."

Last night was a blast thanks to the streaming...

I reupped today finally, and am watching the after-the-fact videos right now. The quality is a million times improved over last year - the new streaming provider is friggin' awesome. There also seems to be a lot more timely and updated information this go round too. :)

After 30 minutes, at least, I'm still a happy subscriber! :P

Mike