Phantom horn switch

I can't wait to hear this show. Just wish I got to see them live this year.

if you were able to, it's worth it!!! i saw the show yesterday at Lisle....MAN!! Ave Maria alone was worth the price of admission. I am very familiar with this piece and Phantom took it and ran with it. Just a huge lush sound that should be even better by the end of the season.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's all get real.....baritones aren't that heavy, especially Bb baritones.....Euphs are ridiculous. I played a G baritone with the Hurcs...and had absoluitely no problem with it, and those things are heavier than the Bbs.

I played Euphonium all throughout high school in the concert band, and it definitely made me a better trumpet player.

that being said, I cannot wait to hear the lush sounds coming from that hornline during Ave Maria. It's gonna be awesome at the Bristol show.

so are they going to leave this horn switch in the show, and risk germs being spread..

it would suck if one of them gets the flue or stomach virus or even worse.. AIDS..

You ever think that the horns aren't being played by anyone else? No... probably not. You just prefer to keep being negative.

[edit: myopinion beat me to it.]

Edited by skajerk

AIDS cannot be spread by casual contact.

what if they get a cut in the lip from the lips being too dry and it starts bleeding???

but that is what i was thinking.. and since they aren't using each others horns then it is ok..

cool.. thank you all for clearing that up for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------

is that too NEGATIVE of a response ska JERK??

what if they get a cut in the lip from the lips being too dry and it starts bleeding???

but that is what i was thinking.. and since they aren't using each others horns then it is ok..

cool.. thank you all for clearing that up for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------

is that too NEGATIVE of a response ska JERK??

Alright, obviously you enjoy stirring the pot here... just go easy man. If you want to post, fine. But there's really no reason to be immature.

And try using some capitalization once in a while to start a sentence. Oh, and an ellipsis (...) has three periods, not two. Just had to point that out... pet peeve I guess.

A little off topic here, but as a young brass player I'm curious. Would playing a trombone have the same beneficial effect as playing a baritone on your chops? I know they're essentially the same instrument, but I won't be SURE untill I'm reassured. My director always wanted me to play Trombone for her in Jazz band...