Does anyone think that glassmen going to Europe will affect other corps or just glassmen.

When BD went to europe SCV was hurt badly without another corps to compete with.

When BD went to europe SCV was hurt badly without another corps to compete with.

I doubt lack of competition is what brough SCV down to 8th.

~>conner

well that was the worst season and BD is competition that kept scores up. when it is a finalist corp vs corps that didn't make it to finals it brings scores down. THats why when 2 top 6 (madison and bluecoats) compete with cavies the scores are expected to go up.

i con cur

SCV is the reason for its 8th place finish...and everyone else.

SCV becuase it performed an 8th place show. Everyone else because they performed better or worse then an 8th place show.

When the Cavaliers did a west coast tour in 93 and 97, the other major Midwestern corps didnt collapse.

If anything, I would think that a trip to Europe would actually hurt a little, score-wise. You aren't being judged on DCI sheets and its tougher to make changes and such when you aren't getting that kind of feedback.

Not that the judges in Europe are somehow inferior, its just a different system is all.