Songs you wish were played...

Considering the current trends for faster, sporatic movements and melodies, I would recommend Tarzan Dinglethorpe's "Anthem for the Crack Addicted Spider Monkeys".

How about Don Ellis's "The Magic Bus Ate My Donut" :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russian Christmas Musin - Crossmen

The Lords Prayer - Sunrisers 1960's

Fire Dance - Garfield Cadets 1963

Lots more over many years but I'm out of time.

I just heard Glagolitic Mass by Janacek for the first time the other day and I think it would have been perfect for an "of Gold" Glassmen show. Might I suggest for 2007 "Reflections of Gold: the music of Leos Janacek." I could see BK or SCV pulling it off too.

I'd like to hear a drum corps take on two of my favorite wind ensemble pieces I've played: Stephen Mellilo(sp?)'s "Escape from Plato's Cave" and Vaclav Nelhybel's "Trittico"...

- anything Karl Jenkins has written

Been there...marched that...

Would love to see the Bluecoats or Blue Devils do selections from Elvis Costello's My Flame burns Blue Cd (Hora Debubitus, That's how yougot killed before, and Almost Blue, come to mind) would love to see Glassmen do Costello's ballet Il Sogno.

There's some stuff from Respighi's Church Windows that would be great. Cavies played a little bit from it in '94, but not the b**bs part. Bizet's "Je crois entendre encore" from The Pearl Fishers would make for a good make for a good instrumental ballad.

BD did do Zappa in '87 for their drum solo. Echidna's Arf (Of You).

There needs to be a completely FZ show though....percussion stuff is fine, but a complete FZ show would be cutting edge (it would be a HUGE challenge for show designers I think).

DW

There needs to be a completely FZ show though....percussion stuff is fine, but a complete FZ show would be cutting edge (it would be a HUGE challenge for show designers I think).

DW

"On the field, from Canton Ohio. Preforming their show "Don't Eat The Yellow Snow".....The Bluecoats! :P