Academy

why would I not post on DCP when I'm just chillin at home? oh wait, I forgot half of you people give us (and other corps) no credit because we don't do 30 shows a year but still manage to be da## good.

and I beg you to check out the show. Come check me out. It's an open challenge. as long as you get better every rehearsal then what difference does it make what I do off the field? Is that not what drum corps is about. obviously some of you just don't know who you're talking about here.

I think some of you should think before you post, especially if you have no idea what the corps' schedule is. most div II corps don't have rehearsal every day at least at this point in the season.

Edited by leadsop97

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last year some posters on the BD forums (some of whom i'm fairly certain marched bdb from their sigs) were making all sorts of "excuses/reasons" for being 10-pointed, saying how they were a division one corps (they're not) and it wasn't fair that academy had more members than they did (inside the dci sanctioned d2 member cap), that they were all 21 year old college kids (last year average age was around 17 I believe), called their rehearsal schedules "stupid" and essentially trashing academy... kinda weird to read them posting these things instead of practicing and getting better?

i dunno, i'm all for reading dcp and sharing opinions on off nights or breaks, but what it comes down to is what happens on the field. let those performances speak for themselves.

most div II corps don't have rehearsal every day at least at this point in the season.

...really? I mean, I don't really know about any others, but the one dIII I know of definitely is going every day...

Are dII's not rehearsing daily right now?

:blink:

the corps that I know of....ECJ, Surf, Spartans, BDB don't rehearse every day. For some reason i feel as though Vanguard Cadets don't either since I saw one of my friends online the other day. and other than Academy those are from the past few years the best corps in div II. so, yeah. Maybe div III corps work harder, I dunno. None of the Northeast corps rehearse every day. point blank. 3 champions last year, none rehearsed every day until they were on tour.

I saw The Academy perform in San Diego and Walnut this past weekend. They just as good as the Blue Knights. Clearly better than Esperanza, Mandarins, and Pacific Crest.

Musically, they are right there with BD and SCV in difficulty (the most double tounging I've ever heard in a show btw). They are LOUD. Lush. Balanced.

Visually, they are just below Blue Knights in terms of difficulty. A few very difficult moves (Cavies 2000 ending! Amazing jazz running).

They are a top 15 (dare I say 12?) Division 1 corps... in Div 2.

These are only observations, but they are that good.

as far as a corps in DII being as good as a top 15 or top 12 DI corps, just look at any of the recent DII champs, subtract ten points from their score (approx for the sheet difference) and they're (ECJ '05, Spartans '04 etc.) in that top bracket of DI.

last year it was BDB doing that, this year it's the east coasters. :blink:

I don't think the East Coasters are talking things up much this year. We're dirty right now; we'll get cleaner. I like our show; we'll see if other people do. I think we'll place somewhere near the top of Division 2... where is soon to be determined. I'm excited to compete against Academy this year and I'm sure this year will be great whether East Coast comes in first or fifth.

Personally, I'm just glad that Blue Stars have gone to Div 1... their members were ridiculous last year. SOooooo much hype.

i didn't mean so much talking up the corps, but kinda talking down academy. not NEARLY as bad as bdb last year though.

and like i said, what gets said online just plain doesn't matter, whether it's hype or "knockdown." what happens on the field is what matters and "talks"