Academy

you guys need to get a grip. it won't be a slaughter as one person said. i'm not saying this because i march ecj, i'm saying this because i'm sick of hearing people compare academy to magic 02. for those who say that they are not div II material, check out some the reviews. there's been a few of them that have stated that they are not ready for div I. There's been a lot of mixed feelings about the academy from "woah they are the best div II corps to ever hit the field" to "eh, they're alright, kinda boring, but good i guess."

I believe Academy can and very well may win division II. But don't writ them off as gods. they are human, they make mistakes, and get tired. so leave the bold statements like "it will be a slaughter" for the pigs on the farm in the winter.

that being said, I can't wait to see them. should be an interesting season.

:blink:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys need to get a grip. it won't be a slaughter as one person said. i'm not saying this because i march ecj, i'm saying this because i'm sick of hearing people compare academy to magic 02. for those who say that they are not div II material, check out some the reviews. there's been a few of them that have stated that they are not ready for div I. There's been a lot of mixed feelings about the academy from "woah they are the best div II corps to ever hit the field" to "eh, they're alright, kinda boring, but good i guess."

I believe Academy can and very well may win division II. But don't writ them off as gods. they are human, they make mistakes, and get tired. so leave the bold statements like "it will be a slaughter" for the pigs on the farm in the winter.

that being said, I can't wait to see them. should be an interesting season.

Thank you for saying precisely what I have felt.

It'll be SO sweet, finally, to witness the end of gossip and speculation as the East Vs. West Division II powerhouses settle the score on a mutual field of competition. For me that will initially be In Lacrosse, August 6th at the, 38th Annual River City Rhapsody for others it'll be few days earlier.

I must admit, after watching the demise of the ARIZONA SUN after its final competition, ironically in 1993 during DCI Championship week at Camp Randall, it will be so satisfying to see THE ACADEMY pick up where the Arizona Sun set and move forward in continueing to write Drum Corps History in the Valley of the Sun....and on the field of Camp Randall Stadium, MAD City come August and beyond.

Just Wondering...has there ever been a "tie" for first place in DCI Division II World Championships.

Dennis

It'll be SO sweet, finally, to witness the end of gossip and speculation as the East Vs. West Division II powerhouses settle the score on a mutual field of competition. For me that will initially be In Lacrosse, August 6th at the, 38th Annual River City Rhapsody for others it'll be few days earlier.

I must admit, after watching the demise of the ARIZONA SUN after its final competition, ironically in 1993 during DCI Championship week at Camp Randall, it will be so satisfying to see THE ACADEMY pick up where the Arizona Sun set and move forward in continueing to write Drum Corps History in the Valley of the Sun....and on the field of Camp Randall Stadium, MAD City come August and beyond.

Just Wondering...has there ever been a "tie" for first place in DCI Division II World Championships.

Dennis

yup, I believe 1998 was a tie for first.

And whom would the tie be between in 1998.

The tie was with Spartans and East Coast.

lol, DCP people that are still in corps' are funny

i agree...shouldn't you be more worried about your show and not talking on dcp, sure you can look on dcp and what not, but why post? *shrugs*

but i like academys show this year. i saw it at one of their shows in cali! very exciting! from what i remember from last year their drill is more complex this year. and then the whole brass jazz running at the end! wow! :blink:

and has anybody else bought their preseason cd? if so what do you think about it? i really like it, they've got a great sound!

i agree...shouldn't you be more worried about your show and not talking on dcp, sure you can look on dcp and what not, but why post? *shrugs*

last year it was BDB doing that, this year it's the east coasters. :blink:

it was even worse last year on the BD forums....wow. it got crazy over there.

all i know is i'll be glued to dci.org come august

last year it was BDB doing that, this year it's the east coasters. :blink:

it was even worse last year on the BD forums....wow. it got crazy over there.

all i know is i'll be glued to dci.org come august

really? what was being said on their forums? i remember some of the stuff being said on here, but i didn't know about their forums.

and yah i can't wait for august to get here! :)