• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early Peak

West Coast Scoring

In California

could just be that good

have seen them 3 times this season. have seen the best ECJ and Spartans have put out - over years. it will be a slaughter. they are in no way a div. ii corps.

Edited by acecannon

A 9 point increase by the 4th show is not unheard of, and yes West Coast scoring is usually higher by a few points. Peak? I doubt it. According to the DCI schedule (which has been known to be wrong in the past) they have 8 more shows and can still keep their pace and improve by 2 points each show and go into Finals week with a mid-90 score. I'd say they're on the right track.

A 9 point spread between Academy and Spartans/ECJ is hardly what you make it out to be. Asside from the most obvious fact that they weren't at the same shows, you must also look at the NUMBER of shows each have had. Even then, it would also be lame to compare ECJ's and Spartan's 4th show score against Academy's 79, but it would at least be slightly more accurate.

Now for a look at FIRST SHOW scores:

Academy = 70.65

Spartans = 70.3

ECJ = 68.9 (not including penalty which had nothing to do with performance)

Considering what I saw from all of the podcasts and what weather and facilities The Academy had available to them in December...I would expect that they have a commanding lead. Seems somewhat comparable to me. At least everyone meets much sooner than finals week. Good luck to all corps for the title!

do they have an early peaking show? or are just that much ahead of Spartans and ECJ? Granted, you can't really make a call until they are at the same show, but ballpark, what are we talking here...?

ECJ & Spartans both have their first scores in and you're ready to compare them? Same field is a good measure, but short of that let all 3 finish minitour and then take a look at where they stand. That'll be the best you'll get prior to the focus shows.

9 points in 5 days....... peak out?

I dunno, did Magic oeak out in 02?

you guys need to get a grip. it won't be a slaughter as one person said. i'm not saying this because i march ecj, i'm saying this because i'm sick of hearing people compare academy to magic 02. for those who say that they are not div II material, check out some the reviews. there's been a few of them that have stated that they are not ready for div I. There's been a lot of mixed feelings about the academy from "woah they are the best div II corps to ever hit the field" to "eh, they're alright, kinda boring, but good i guess."

I believe Academy can and very well may win division II. But don't writ them off as gods. they are human, they make mistakes, and get tired. so leave the bold statements like "it will be a slaughter" for the pigs on the farm in the winter.

that being said, I can't wait to see them. should be an interesting season.

you guys need to get a grip. it won't be a slaughter as one person said. i'm not saying this because i march ecj, i'm saying this because i'm sick of hearing people compare academy to magic 02. for those who say that they are not div II material, check out some the reviews. there's been a few of them that have stated that they are not ready for div I. There's been a lot of mixed feelings about the academy from "woah they are the best div II corps to ever hit the field" to "eh, they're alright, kinda boring, but good i guess."

I believe Academy can and very well may win division II. But don't writ them off as gods. they are human, they make mistakes, and get tired. so leave the bold statements like "it will be a slaughter" for the pigs on the farm in the winter.

that being said, I can't wait to see them. should be an interesting season.

Thank you.