The Columbia, SC Lounge

I know it's not until tomorrow night, but I confess, I'm excited to see what Crown's going to do this year. They got some energetic source music picked out, and I want to hear plenty of reviews from people who get to see what it's like. It's also quite a nice line-up for their home show, probably even better than that 'other' Columbia show the same day. So who's going, and how do you think it's going to shake out?

Edited by Maedhros

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:worthy::worthy:

I'm in.

:)

i'll be there...and if it freaking rain's.....i'll cry...

So you know, if you're going to be there, and you make the mistake of letting us know, you are inevitably required to provide a lengthy and detailed review for those of us who wish we could be there. :)

I'll hang around for a bit. It kinda reminds me of getting in line early for concert tickets. I amso excited about the scores for tomorrow night. I'm going nuts.

I'll be there and will provide a review on Sunday after I get some sleep.

can't go, even though it's only about an hour and a half away... Atlanta broke me.

I've gotten to see Crown A LOT over the past few weeks (spring training)

I predict people actually loving Crown this year... It's by far the hardest program the corps has ever done, and it shows. The drill is still pretty dirty, but so is everyone else. I predict the strongest Carolina Crown year ever, as well as a brass line that could break into the top 5.

The drumline this year is leap and bounds above last year... harder book, bigger line, and more confident sound. They, or course, are still rough around the edges, but I don't see this line getting 12th in finals again.

Guard... great as usual.

The Crown brass line is about the same size as last year... if not exactly the same. They sound better than last year as an ensemble... and the horn book is just amazing.

oh yeah... and the chord in the ballad is spectacular.

I'm going to say a 73 for tmrw.

~>conner

Edited by PhantomR