question

Suggestion to all corps directors:

if you are competing "out of your league" and want to make sure you are judged on the correct sheets...

1. See the chief judge approximately 2 hours before show time and confirm that all sheets are correct as agreed.

2. Remember to be polite if you're playing on "someone else's playground". Never lose your temper with the chief judge/contest coordinator. After all, it's his playground and he's much more concerned about all going well for the sponsor and the DCI corps than worrying about one or two all aged corps.

3. Always bring with you a large manila envelope with enough DCA sheets, judges worksheets and recap forms to cover that night's contest... and if you hear that there has been a lapse in providing the correct sheets... just hand them to the chief judge and say: "Thank you for your cooperation. We really appreciate it. Here is everything you need."

A pdf of DCA sheets and worksheets is available to all directors.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is just my opinion.......

At this point Im just glad that we have contests to even be judged at regardless if they are on Div 2/3 sheet, DCA, BOA, etc ..etc..etc....

The Kilties will be the only all age corps at the Michigan City Indiana, show. I wouldnt doubt it if we were judged on Div 2/3 sheets again. Now if the judges at this show were the same or at least some of them from the Lisle show then we have something to compare with.

The goal for the corps is to get gooder at each contest.

My job is to march a bad arse show.

I let the staff worry about the scores.

WWBD

Because of the confusion back on the Kiltie bus after the Lisle show, I went back and tracked down Dan Acheson under the stands at the stadium. He explained that if there are one or two all-age corps, then they are on DCI II/III sheets. If there are three or more all-age corps, then they are on DCA sheets.

now that's a great explanation. tho i would think if 2 were present, that would be enough

Because of the confusion back on the Kiltie bus after the Lisle show, I went back and tracked down Dan Acheson under the stands at the stadium. He explained that if there are one or two all-age corps, then they are on DCI II/III sheets. If there are three or more all-age corps, then they are on DCA sheets.

Of course even that isn't consistent because at the Menonmonie show there were only 2 all-age corps, MBI and Chops, who were judged on DCA sheets. One wonders how much of a difference it really makes right now this early in the season. I'm pretty sure the shows in late August will all be judged on DCA sheets.

Dan,

Great to hear from you. Forget any-key, amplification, DCM, etc. This is as much e-mail and phone calls as I've ever received. The only constant seems to be if ONE DCA corps is at a DCI show, it's done on DII/III sheets. However, my understanding is that CorpsVets were told the DCA sheets were forgotten.

I could say lots...which hat shall I don? Suffice to say, if DCA corps likes this courtesy from DCI, I'd say it's because it's advantageous to be on DCA sheets as much as possible prior to DCA Rachacha. Yep, the judges' tapes mean mucho, but it would be better to be on DCA sheets. Other honchos have told me most DCI judges (many are also DCA judges) have been briefed.

Dan Acheson and DCI -- Thank you for the opportunities for all-age corps!!! Please folks -- No diatribes against anyone. I'm delighted this is being discussed respectfully.

DCI Modesto, CA, June 18, done on DCA sheets for TWO. This was an early show and was DCA corps on DCA sheets. When SoCal Dream meets Renegades and RCR July 8 and 9, I'll be there. I expect it will be done on DCA sheets.

Senior Corps

1 Renegades, Sr. 64.330

2 River City Regiment, Sr. 64.170

Its hard to know exactly where you stand with the rest of the DCA community when one corps is judged on Div 2 sheet s and the rest are on DCA sheets.

Since all the Southern/midwest corps were judged on the same sheets,,it lets us know,,kind of where we stand even though we were not all at the same show.

No worries thought..MCL will be judged on DCA sheets soon enough. :)

With all due respect Ed, we really won't know where we stand against each other till we are all standing on the same field.

Captain Obvious

looking forward to seeing you guys soon!!

DCI-P has been very cooperative about using DCA sheets and that is much appreciated. I know this past weekend SoCal Dream was the only all age corps in San Diego, Walnut, and Riverside and the judes used DCA sheets.

Thanks to DCI for giving the small contingent of west coast corps a place to perform and compete.

DCI-P has been very cooperative about using DCA sheets and that is much appreciated. I know this past weekend SoCal Dream was the only all age corps in San Diego, Walnut, and Riverside and the judes used DCA sheets.

Thanks to DCI for giving the small contingent of west coast corps a place to perform and compete.

I'm just another sop, too, in a way. I posted before that DCA Left Coast corps, 2, were on DCA sheets. Here are more examples. Thanks to DCI Pacific for using DCA sheets!!!! :ph34r:

Hopefully, no more faults this side of the Fault.