Are fewer corps using amplified voice this year than last?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Knights??

I haven't heard anything...

Wow, give your sarcasm a rest, fact is Blue Devils used it, over used it, abused it and you cant hide it in a closet or sweep it under a rug. The boy was just stating the truth.

~G~

I'm pretty sure nothing you said up there is a fact. It's an opinion, and one I happen to agree with, but fact? Nope.

Have you seen their show yet, and if so, why haven't you written a review, G?

I'm pretty sure nothing you said up there is a fact. It's an opinion, and one I happen to agree with, but fact? Nope.

I dont go to a show until Westminster. Then Allentown, Bristol, and Beverly.

And yes ,not a true fact, just used in the "fact is" way of presenting my statement

~G~

OK - We have rampant post-modernism going on all over the place here at DCP - "there is no single truth, everything is an opinion, every point of view is valid....."

Well - yeah, I can dig that, but it's going to get awful tedious reading posts were every statement is prefaced by "in my opinion...." Let's just let people state their case without a load of politically correct qualifications, and reminders that it's just their opinion, OK? It's getting old. Besides, any good debater knows that such a qualification only weakens your arguement.

Let me start - Blue Devils use of amped voice in 2005 was excessive, walked over a lot of great music and grated on my nerves.

There - don't we all feel liberated? :P

Jim

Blue Knights??

This year? Nope. Great show though.

Blue Knights??
This year? Nope. Great show though.

Yay for the home team! :)

OK - We have rampant post-modernism going on all over the place here at DCP - "there is no single truth, everything is an opinion, every point of view is valid....."

Well - yeah, I can dig that, but it's going to get awful tedious reading posts were every statement is prefaced by "in my opinion...." Let's just let people state their case without a load of politically correct qualifications, and reminders that it's just their opinion, OK? It's getting old. Besides, any good debater knows that such a qualification only weakens your arguement.

Let me start - Blue Devils use of amped voice in 2005 was excessive, walked over a lot of great music and grated on my nerves.

Jim

LOL, umm...thanks Jim, and thats a fact !!

~G~

Jim

I agree with your opinion, and I hope the rest of your post made you feel better. :blink: