Both shows rained out tonite..

Oh, what a sweetie. Okay, okay ... I'm a grandma ... to 11 ... and what fun. Our 7 month old Ella came to her first show on Father's Day. She LOVED it ... waved her arms ... marched her feet up and down ...

Taking small children (who know how to behave BTW), is a great experience not only for them ... but for those around them. When a corps is on the field, children should be seen and not heard ... including ours.

He's beautiful ... and congratulations!

Grand (ma) Tye

Waved her arms = future drum major

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having spoken to a corps member late last night after the rainout in VA, I can assure you NO ONE is more disappointed than the corps members, who want to perform nothing less than a full show for drum corps fans. That's all they want to do....

As far as the "party city" in VA for the Crossmen, they seem to have developed a huge fan base in VA in the last few years. Not just Chesapeake, Salem as well. Good for them! I don't see that as a bad thing...

Let me assure you that doing a standstill is very disappointing to the members marching. My son was disappointed because they were rained out 2 nights in a row and that's 2 nights with no field competition or scores. It hurts in the long run. Don't get me wrong, he loves standstills, but would rather be out there on the field marching.

Congrats, Lancerlady, your new son is gorgeous. :)

Oh, what a sweetie. Okay, okay ... I'm a grandma ... to 11 ... and what fun. Our 7 month old Ella came to her first show on Father's Day. She LOVED it ... waved her arms ... marched her feet up and down ...

Taking small children (who know how to behave BTW), is a great experience not only for them ... but for those around them. When a corps is on the field, children should be seen and not heard ... including ours.

He's beautiful ... and congratulations!

Grand (ma) Tye

Thanks..and you know what, I may do that..we've been playing him some DVD's even when he was in my womb..and his favorite show (one of them) is 89 Phantom..he reacts to the Largo section of it..:) That's because we did play that New World Symphony for him alot. He also likes 27 (Of course) but..I can't wait to take him to a show...but maybe next year.. :) I think he would behave wonderfully he's already a great kid, not fussy at all and responds well to music.

Did I mention he's already kicking his legs? A possible future marcher? :blink:

Thanks..and you know what, I may do that..we've been playing him some DVD's even when he was in my womb..and his favorite show (one of them) is 89 Phantom..he reacts to the Largo section of it..:) That's because we did play that New World Symphony for him alot. He also likes 27 (Of course) but..I can't wait to take him to a show...but maybe next year.. :) I think he would behave wonderfully he's already a great kid, not fussy at all and responds well to music.

Did I mention he's already kicking his legs? A possible future marcher? :laugh:

Your pic is a dead ringer for my son's baby picture! :) He just aged out as a mellophone player - so you never know!

With all the rainouts we've been having lately, you almost don't need to.

I swear, it's like monsoon season on the East Coast. :P

Yeah all east coast corps should just cancel their season. :P