Greatest Show on Earth - July 1 - Bridgeport, CT

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Al Chez...who will be added into the Buglers Hall of Fame at the Barnum Festival on July 1

Congrats Goob!! Always an icon in my eyes. Being a brother in arms and knowing you as a friend is one of the true highlights of my drum corps memories. See you at the show?

HYPE!

I'm kind of confused as to why there would be a show being advertised on here that conflicts with a DCA show in the same area... I hope everyone has a great time and all but shouldn't the Drum corps activity be supporting one show...If it gets to spread we wind up competing for the same audience and that doesn't make a whole lot of sence to me.

Mike Ryan

I'm kind of confused as to why there would be a show being advertised on here that conflicts with a DCA show in the same area... I hope everyone has a great time and all but shouldn't the Drum corps activity be supporting one show...If it gets to spread we wind up competing for the same audience and that doesn't make a whole lot of sence to me.

Mike Ryan

this happened last year too Mike (the Long Island DCA show ran on the same date) ~ this is how the Barnum Festival committee is chosing to do it. i went to the LI show last year despite having this show practically in my back yard.

i'll bite my tounge for now. :sshh:

this happened last year too Mike (the Long Island DCA show ran on the same date) ~ this is how the Barnum Festival committee is chosing to do it. i went to the LI show last year despite having this show practically in my back yard.

Thats a perfect example Liz that show bombed, It didn't help that the Cabs were unable to attend that show but the competition so geographically close makes no sense. The fact that drum corps are supporting a sponsor that is not a corps kind of makes you go Hmmmm...

Anyway just my 2 cents

Mike Ryan

MIKE!!! :sshh: :sshh: :sshh: :sshh:

yer killin' me here! :lolhit:

Thats a perfect example Liz that show bombed, It didn't help that the Cabs were unable to attend that show but the competition so geographically close makes no sense. The fact that drum corps are supporting a sponsor that is not a corps kind of makes you go Hmmmm...

Anyway just my 2 cents

Mike Ryan

Yeah, I'm with Mikey here -I grew up in Bridgeport, marched at Barnum twelve times with four different corps, after having attended since I was about five years old. While it would be awesome to see the crazies in yellow back on the field, in my hometown, no less, I'll wait until my NEXT opportunity.

Needless to say, then, my wife and I are driving THROUGH Bridgeport tomorrow on our way to Dover!

Go DCA and, btw, GO CABS !

YEAH ~ GO CABS!!

:D

Ask Kenton Clark. He basically runs the BHOF. I heard he's been calling the shots as to booking the show.