A pretty exciting year...

Even though discussion on DCP is turning the ugliest I think I've seen it in the 4 years of its existence, competition on the field seems to be much tighter this year that I remember in a long time...

Devils are holding off Vanguard out west and are scoring the highest.

Cavaliers are holding off Bluecoats....barely.

Bluecoats are within a point of Cadets, and Cadets have been beating Regiment by two points steadily, leading me to believe that Bluecoats are now a full point or more better than Regiment...for now. Bluecoats are also steadily beating Madison.

Spirit is making some noise, Blue Stars are back in Division I and doing better than expected, Boston opened up with a strong show and is holding steady over Crown.

This is shaping up to be an interesting year...the only thing that could ruin it would be several instances of corps' stagnating, but, somehow, I don't see that happening...I think that you're going to see a lot of back and forth between Cavaliers and Blue Devils, I think that Cadets might sneak in there and cause some havoc despite the generally dim reviews of their show we've seen here: The one constant in those reviews has been the high performance level, so that alone will keep them in the hunt.

It seems like Regiment will not be making a run for the title this year, but they can still prove people wrong as they did in 1996, and at the very least they will be duking it out with SCV, Bluecoats, and possibly one other corps...this is exciting for corps in general.

I'll go out on a limb and say that the first major "upset" of the year is going to be Bluecoats nipping Cadets at some point. I don't think it will stay that way all season, but...it will be just as exciting as back in 1991 when Crossmen beat Cadets at DCE.

P.S. The gentleman who bid on my DCI tickets apparently disappeared after withdrawing his bid...so, they are up for auction again at:

Great seats for a great drum corps stadium in a great, competitive year for corps...wish I could go.

Edited by The Tsar

i couldn't agree more. its especially interesting to me because i've marched the past 2 years and now finally being on the outside for the summer is really showing me the outside dynamics of DCI.

P.S. The gentleman who bid on my DCI tickets apparently disappeared after withdrawing his bid...so, they are up for auction again at:

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay

Great seats for a great drum corps stadium in a great, competitive year for corps...wish I could go.

That link doesn't work, it's just a link to the "My eBay" page which is different for every user.

Even though discussion on DCP is turning the ugliest I think I've seen it in the 4 years of its existence, competition on the field seems to be much tighter this year that I remember in a long time...

I agree

Boston opened up with a strong show and is holding steady over Crown.

Really, you can make this assessment after two shows?

Wow, you are the Tsar! :lol:

I would agree that this summer is shaping up to be completely unpredictable, and that there could be many upsets across the board this summer. I don't think discussion is turning ugly. I think it is great that people are actually pulling for their home teams.

The bottom line is this could be the most competitive summer ever. However, it is June, so let's treat it as such.

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

i couldn't agree more. its especially interesting to me because i've marched the past 2 years and now finally being on the outside for the summer is really showing me the outside dynamics of DCI.

I'm in the same boat, except this is my first year not marching since 02. I'm really enjoying the tight race all over in DCI. What a great year to be a DCI fan. I just never realized how nasty DCP got over the summer. Or maybe it's just been evolving there and reached it's point this time.

Even though discussion on DCP is turning the ugliest I think I've seen it in the 4 years of its existence,

I agree thus why I have limited my time on this site over the last year or so. It is turning into the Maury Povich Show of drum corps. and only white trash need apply.

BUT, ever-so-often a post comes along and restores my hope in humanity.