DCI to DCA

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whichever one is good and plays a lot of jazz. Anyone?

I would say Minnesota Brass Inc.

~>conner

I should mention that I didn't mean my "good" comment as a knock against DCA... I'm looking for the equivalent of BD in DCA.

well, MBI is good, but if you're looking for a BD of DCA, Empire Statesmen won in 04, and came in 2nd last year.

MBI got 5th.

~>conner

I should mention that I didn't mean my "good" comment as a knock against DCA... I'm looking for the equivalent of BD in DCA.

if you are looking for that then the Brigadiers is probably your best bet. Doesn't Wayne write their brass charts? and didn't Gino work on staff for a while?

If someone is seriously thinking about this, I'd suggest buying the CDs, DVDs or go to DCA weekend to see for yourself. Who knows, you might be looking for something and find something different you'd like to try. It might be a different musical style or changing size of corps (Open/Class A),etc, etc.

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

Yeah I marched Bushwackers in 1995 after being in Bluecoats for 7 years and doing a cadets style show was such a different and refreshing change of pace to doing the big band thing that I'm really glad I got to see what it was like to perform something in that style.

Once a Sunriser always a Sunriser, even if you didn't stay as long as you wanted and they're not (temporarily) placing where they'd like.

We're taking the first step toward fixing that this year.

Come watch the show!

I believe Gino still teaches there. I could be wrong though.

He is so amazing that I went to the Magic audition camp in '03. I chose not to march there but Gino has some seriously amazing stuff.