That was funny stuff.

And on that note...

GO JESTER!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO JESTER!

Ok I don't think size matters so much as the quality of the corps.. Mandarins being a good example they won div 3 in 1992 with only 9 brass.. THATS SMALL.. recruiting isnt always succesful even if you do go to a bunch of schools.. doesn't mean the kids wil come. So I dont think the 30 member rule should be in place.

Jester scores a 37 and then a 35 huh!!!!! Improvement over last season... HMMMMMM!!!!!! These smaller corps make my point for me!!!! No more needs to be said!!!! They had what a week or a little more of rehearsals and not much improvement score wise.... Interesting!!!!!

JESTER ROCKS.

It is, unfortunately, a fact in many organizations that you will always have people come down only to think, "Wow, this group sucks. I would join/march if they were better". If you think your talents are so great that you may pick and choose where you go, why would you choose not to join an organization where you stand a chance to get in on the ground floor and help build it? I always like to do that and help leave my mark somewhere.

Look at it this way, you come into a Div III corps not doing so well, add your talent to the pool, bring other friends you know are talented, and suddenly the size/quality of the corps has increased dramatically. Once this happens a couple more times, the size would be that much better. This would satisfy those that think you have to have high numbers to be considered for competing at the "DCI Level". Instead you choose to walk away and wipe them from your thoughts except when you get the opportunity to bash them publically. This from a person that has been a member for 19 months, has 15 posts, and 9 of those 15 are mean spirited posts towards Jester. That type of person is normally know as a troll just waiting to stir the pot. Everyone has their opinion and are free to express that opinion, thank God we live in a country where we can do that, so while I dont agree, I respect that they have the right to feel as they do. But what if everyone that made the same choice to leave because they weren't that good, decided to stay and build something great? Where would they be now? Or a year from now? If 25 people each brought just one more person in and they stayed, suddenly they are 50. Do that just once more and they are at 100. How much fun would it be, and how much fun to know that you were a part of the begining and foundation? To me, that would be the best feeling.

Someone else also said something about them falling apart. Based on their performances this past weekend, scores aside, I think they are far from falling apart. I saw a performance by dedicated musicians that went out with the same amount of pride of any corps in this activity. They entertained to the best of their ability and appeared to have a great amount of fun doing so. Keep it up Jester! Go out with dignity, pride, and the desire to do the best you can. Doing that, you have done it right and deserve to be recognized right alongside of every other corps out there.

Another personal note to Jester. I am one of he DM's for SoCal Dream, and I have had the opportunity to be on the field with your DM's and talk to them a bit prior to awards ceremonies. The two of them represent your corps with as much pride as any DM has ever represented their corpsmates. They are friendly, very pleasent to talk to and truely have a great atitude towards your corps. They realize that they may just be there to be announced in 4th or 5th place, but they are having fun taking in the experience and having the opportunity to be in a corps. There must be something right with the organization to turn out these kind of people.

I watch as this small corps marches from the lot to the warmup field to the stadium and I see all the people that applaud them as they pass by, myself included. They have garnered respect from many people. Jester has become one of my favorite corps and I look forward to seeing you again this weekend in Northern California!

Edited by MiniSopGuy

Jester scores a 37 and then a 35 huh!!!!! Improvement over last season... HMMMMMM!!!!!! These smaller corps make my point for me!!!! No more needs to be said!!!! They had what a week or a little more of rehearsals and not much improvement score wise.... Interesting!!!!!

BFD... you'd prefer small corps just close the door and go away. Considering we have about 10% of the corps that existed during Drum Corps hay days in the 1960s WAY too much of that has happened. More power to any small corps that puts up with this BS.

Someone from Jester must have really ###### you off...

Guess all of Jesters members had their shoe laces tied or you would have pointed that out too.

To paraphrase from one of Larry Hershmans pep talks ca 1975... "#### the scores, #### what the other corps are doing. We're new and we're building for the future."

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

Just because they aren't bigger, doesn't mean they aren't better. Sometimes big things come in small packages. Practice, practice, practice, recruit, recruit, recruit. Keep the faith and you'll be fine.

GO JESTER!

Oh yeah... JESTER ROCKS <$1 to Lee>

Edit: Later thought..

Bunch of young people working together towards a common goal. Doing this is spite of gettig very little credit from most and catching crap from some.

<sarcasm on>

What a horrible life lesson

<sarcasm off>

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari