westminate scores as they happen

I'd add those Corps and 3 more as " locks " to make Finals..... Crown, Boston, Madison, Glassmen......... And the remaining 2 Finals slots open to competition to no less than 7 Corps.

2 spots for 7 corps? Don't know that I agree with that one

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know the real discussion should be on the glut of corps around the 70 point mark: Xmen, Blue Stars, Colts, Spirit, Blue Knights, Glassmen, Colts, Cascades (maybe, whenever they come out?). This is 10-17th place essentially and they are all within a point of each other!

DW

The shows I always enjoy aren't always the winners

Boston

Crown

Crossmen

Madison

BD

GE should be scored higher than it is, because if at the end of the night if the only corps you remember of the 5-12 place ones, isn't that what's most important.

I must say though, I did not like Crossmen's 05 show at all... This year! I can't get enough of it!

I LOVE IT!!!!

Edited by xbones7480

You know the real discussion should be on the glut of corps around the 70 point mark: Xmen, Blue Stars, Colts, Spirit, Blue Knights, Glassmen, Colts, Cascades (maybe, whenever they come out?). This is 10-17th place essentially and they are all within a point of each other!

DW

Agree. There are quite a few Corps in the mix for a Finals spot. We sometimes forget that it means a LOT to these Corps get into that Finals top 12. There are some fine Corps, Corps that have put on a very pleasing and entertaining show, that have missed Finals in Div 1 over the years.

Edited by X DM

DW

I don't think the Glassmen really count in that bracket. They are going to come back from oversees and easily pop back into the top 12.

I don't think the Glassmen really count in that bracket. They are going to come back from oversees and easily pop back into the top 12.

That's like being in a relay and hitchin a ride to the finish line.

Edited by xbones7480

The shows I always enjoy aren't always the winners

Boston

Crown

Crossmen

Madison

BD

GE should be scored higher than it is, because if at the end of the night if the only corps you remember of the 5-12 place ones, isn't that what's most important.

I must say though, I did not like Crossmen's 05 show at all... This year! I can't get enough of it!

I LOVE IT!!!!

Excellent point. Some of my favorite shows over the years were Corps that wern't close to winning that year. But I didn't care. When we look at Classic Countdown of the Fans Favorites each year, the overwhelming majority of the picks did not win DCI that year. But years later, those Corps shows have stood the test of time and are considered " Classic " great shows by the fans from coast to coast despite that Corps scoring and placement years earlier.

Edited by X DM

I disagree, I think that The Cadets have no shot at beating either The Cavaliers or BD this year. In fact, they might finish 4th behind the Bluecoats.

Have the Bluecoats ever beaten the Cadets ? Not saying that can't or won't be done. Just that this would be considered a huge upset. I'd be shocked to see the Cadets fall all the way from Defending Champion to falling behind the Bluecoats. But we'll just have to see.