Pleasant Hill Scores (for real)

BD is stalling. So is Vanguard.

Actually, I don't think they are stalling, both had some changes they made to their shows the past week. I would say these scores are very accurate across the board. The west coast inflation seems to be missing from tonight's numbers. I think the reason for the drop is because the SoCal scores were way too high. Vanguard should have been a point or two higher, I don't think there is five points between them and BD. The real shocker for me was Mandarins beating PC. I thought that PC had them in the bag. BK looks good right now, although they had some issues visual issues. A group of three or four baritones tripped over each other and went down hard in the middle of their show and another bari went down on their last drill move. Esperanza is right on par with the last few years. PC's drum line is very good. Mandarins have a good bit of dirt to exercise from their show, but are looking strong. Seattle's show seems a bit unfocused and incomplete. The mylar doesn't really do anything either way. I see no convincing reason why they did it. Not as strong as they were last year at PP. Vanguard is awesome. The Drumline is smoking hot. The hornline has some work to do on that difficult Key Poulan book. BD made some positive changes to the show. The drumline is tightening up. The whole corps seemed to fade at the end. They looked done by the first few notes of the closer.

A few shots. Can you tell the camera doesn't like the night?

PrecisionWestJune302006008.jpg

PrecisionWestJune302006021.jpg

PrecisionWestJune302006026.jpg

PrecisionWestJune302006042.jpg

PrecisionWestJune302006051.jpg

PrecisionWestJune302006057.jpg

PrecisionWestJune302006105.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the recap, I'd hate to be one of the color guard members from the Cascades tonight....that performance level, well, I wonder what happened. Even opening night jitters should not have had them where they were.

Can anyone do a guard review?

Considering the amount of time they have had to prepare, Seattle's guard work is very much incomplete. There is some solo work that right now is just a girl standing there. The work that is there is still very rough.

its funny that even when i marched, we would "get a LOT better" during the full rehearsal days but the scores hardly ever reflected that in the first show from those full rehearsal days.

i'm predicting a 2 point leap for BD's next score.

Blue Devils at a different competitive level than SCV this year. Then again, they have been for quite some time now.

Uh hunh...right...like:

2004 Finals

1 Cavaliers 98.700

2 Blue Devils 98.525

3 Santa Clara Vanguard 96.825

So very diffierent that they placed 2nd and 3rd, right next to each other. :blink: Oh, and btw - SCV took high percussion that year too

Edited by PeeWee

Nice shots. Looks like you were in Section 2? You might have actually seen me...Section 3...wearing a SCV hockey jersey.

179200205_87677a475d.jpg

...and I'm working on my pics.

Actually, I don't think they are stalling, both had some changes they made to their shows the past week. I would say these scores are very accurate across the board. The west coast inflation seems to be missing from tonight's numbers. I think the reason for the drop is because the SoCal scores were way too high. Vanguard should have been a point or two higher, I don't think there is five points between them and BD. The real shocker for me was Mandarins beating PC. I thought that PC had them in the bag. BK looks good right now, although they had some issues visual issues. A group of three or four baritones tripped over each other and went down hard in the middle of their show and another bari went down on their last drill move. Esperanza is right on par with the last few years. PC's drum line is very good. Mandarins have a good bit of dirt to exercise from their show, but are looking strong. Seattle's show seems a bit unfocused and incomplete. The mylar doesn't really do anything either way. I see no convincing reason why they did it. Not as strong as they were last year at PP. Vanguard is awesome. The Drumline is smoking hot. The hornline has some work to do on that difficult Key Poulan book. BD made some positive changes to the show. The drumline is tightening up. The whole corps seemed to fade at the end. They looked done by the first few notes of the closer.

A few shots. Can you tell the camera doesn't like the night?

PrecisionWestJune302006008.jpg

PrecisionWestJune302006021.jpg

PrecisionWestJune302006026.jpg

PrecisionWestJune302006042.jpg

PrecisionWestJune302006051.jpg

PrecisionWestJune302006057.jpg

PrecisionWestJune302006105.jpg

Scades show isn't complete right now. There are still a lot of general effect things that the design staff would like to put into the program, but that they can't even attempt until the members can fully grasp what they currently have. Also, they're suffering another same-ole, same-ole with a caption head leaving right before the beginning of tour.

In 2002, before auditions John Lack left as the visual caption head, and the corps got John Freeman.

In 2003, before auditions John Freeman left as the visual caption head, and the corps got Preston.

In 2004, mid-way through camps the corps lost Dan Pham as their caption head and got Jeff something...

In 2004, after 2 weeks of tour, Jeff left the corps and Travis was moved from brass tech to caption head.

Last year, they had a complete staff for once.

Now, John Lack again leaves the corps but this time right before all-days = no brass caption head.

If only my favorite design team with Cascades could have gotten along well-enough in 2002 to stay together in 2003.

Andrew, thanks for the pics! It looks like Mandarins have added the orange shakos as well, really compliments the look. Gotta admit, SCV is looking pretty ###### on the field. I may have to apologize for ever doubting them, MUCH improved over 2005.