This could be the year for the Blue Devils..........

Percussion section.

Yes, they still employ one of the finest battery sections in DC, but this year, they have a front ensemble to match it, which could equate to a percussion trophy in Madison.

The battery is SO clean and crisp, that errors are easy to point out, (keep in mind that I'm able to stand 3 or 4 feet from the line, given my alumni status, and being childhood friends of ScoJo, doesn't hurt either :P ) which is more good than bad. There just isn't ANY grey area.

Without boring anyone, I let you be the judge on this.

It has been said in the past that the "pit" has been the thorn in the Dev's percussion side, but IMO, that notion will be erased this season.

Props to Jim Wunderlich.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so anyone who has seen the other top drum lines, feel free to comment. :P

Very cool.

It'll be interesting to see what transpires in San Antonio.

I think it'd be cool to see BD or Phantom win drums this year. Both have been great for a long time now.

I think it'd be cool to see BD or Phantom win drums this year. Both have been great for a long time now.

Maybe they could tie.... BD/PR.... 10 year anniversary..... okay, maybe not.

I know this is a percussion thread, but is anyone else unimpressed with the design of this show? I saw them in Riverside last week and most of us in the crowd were expecting to be WOWED....and weren't. The precision was the best on the field, and we definitely appreciated Jay Murphy's trademark 6to5 backwards drill sequences that are definite wow moments.....but the design as a whole....lacked something.

Or maybe its just me.

Anyone?

Well, as I stated in another thread, I described the design of the Dev's show as "brilliant", which I have only done a handful of times regarding anyone's show. :)

I agree, I was impressed with Phantom's perc the other night in Westminster.