Cedarburg (Grafton), WI -- 7/3/04

Can someone please explain how the Colts could have a staff member walk out onto the back of the field and direct the ballad and then leave the field and walk behind the fence? It wasn't even like they were trying to hide it as he was wearing blue jeans and a casual dress shirt. I was expecting some sort of penalty for that.

Mike asked about that when it happened, too.. and while I don't know the exact reason, I can recall a couple of times when I was writing pretty heavily for DCW on the west coast, being in the booth pre-show and having the SCV staff come up to explain that their backfield conductor had had a family emergency and for however many days they would need to have a staff member on the back sideline to conduct parts of the show. In those cases, the judges were told about it and no penalty was assessed. It was an exception to the rule that was determined by the head judge those nights.. and when the kid's family emergency was over, he came back and everything was hunky-dory.

Perhaps Colts backfield major had a family emergency?

Stef

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for the record, I said nothing to you about your "lukewarm" response to MY favorite corps, why should you care if my response to the show of your favorite corps is "lukewarm."

I knows what I likes. This ain't it.

Stef

You mean the lukewarm response where he said the Cavies had the finest hornline to ever hit a field? That they are setting new standards in visual? Drumline running and playing perfectly? Oh yeah he didnt like the guard and how the show ended.

There seems to be a difference of opinion in what the word lukewarm means.

You mean the lukewarm response where he said the Cavies had the finest hornline to ever hit a field? That they are setting new standards in visual? Drumline running and playing perfectly? Oh yeah he didnt like the guard and how the show ended.

There seems to be a difference of opinion in what the word lukewarm means.

hmm.. pretty sure this is an issue between me and Dan. If he wishes to discuss it with me, I'm sure he will. He and I both know there is no love lost between him and the Cavaliers because he wears a different shade of green. He has never denied it -- but you wouldn't know that about his and my friendship because you really aren't involved in it, right? That's what I thought.

His "lukewarm" reception had nothing to do with the first few words in his "review" -- it had to do with the rest of it.. which, as a homer yourself, you probably agreed with and therefore looked past. I respect that.. which is why I never brought it up until he made it an issue.

:)

Annnnndd... To Each His Own!!

Have a great night!

Stef

I bet Mindy Zankle would like the Scouts.

Actually, I think she would like the Cadets, mostly..... :lol:

Edited by uncle z

Mike asked about that when it happened, too.. and while I don't know the exact reason, I can recall a couple of times when I was writing pretty heavily for DCW on the west coast, being in the booth pre-show and having the SCV staff come up to explain that their backfield conductor had had a family emergency and for however many days they would need to have a staff member on the back sideline to conduct parts of the show. In those cases, the judges were told about it and no penalty was assessed. It was an exception to the rule that was determined by the head judge those nights.. and when the kid's family emergency was over, he came back and everything was hunky-dory.

Perhaps Colts backfield major had a family emergency?

Stef

Both of the Colts drum majors are still on tour and doing well, however one of our pit members had to go home for a few days (doctor I think). He's been conducting a few parts in the show including the end of the ballad while the drum majors switch places. I assume that our brass guys cleared this with the judges...

Hope that answers everyones questions

I bet Mindy Zankle would like the Scouts.

Really? Considering that's not her last name anymore, I'm not sure Mindy would care much one way or another. I don't think she's been to a show in a long time. She and I are pretty cordial.. so next time I see her, I'll ask her on your behalf and I'll let you know.

and just a reminder.. it's a freaking review.. a personal commentary.. my own reactions to what I saw and heard.. in what alternate universe does my opinion differing from yours warrant such a personal dig as dragging my boyfriend's ex-wife into the conversation?

Classy.

Seriously, dude. It's just drum corps. If you're that upset about somebody being critical of your alma mater, maybe you should skip the reviews portion of this website, entirely, huh?

Stef

Edited by ScribeToo

Both of the Colts drum majors are still on tour and doing well, however one of our pit members had to go home for a few days (doctor I think). He's been conducting a few parts in the show including the end of the ballad while the drum majors switch places. I assume that our brass guys cleared this with the judges...

Hope that answers everyones questions

Awesome, thanks for the insight!

Stef

Really? Considering that's not her last name anymore, I'm not sure Mindy would care much one way or another. I don't think she's been to a show in a long time. She and I are pretty cordial.. so next time I see her, I'll ask her on your behalf and I'll let you know.

and just a reminder.. it's a freaking review.. a personal commentary.. my own reactions to what I saw and heard.. in what alternate universe does my opinion differing from yours warrant such a personal dig as dragging my boyfriend's ex-wife into the conversation?

Classy.

Seriously, dude. It's just drum corps. If you're that upset about somebody being critical of your alma mater, maybe you should skip the reviews portion of this website, entirely, huh?

Stef

easy Cat Lady