Cedarburg (Grafton), WI -- 7/3/04

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dig Tom Tom Club and Talking Heads!!!!! Stop Making Sense ROCKS!!!!! :lol:

BIRDDOG!

We were looking for your kid in the line Monday night.. sorry to hear he's not marching -- what a year to miss!

Stef

BIRDDOG!

We were looking for your kid in the line Monday night.. sorry to hear he's not marching -- what a year to miss!

Stef

Thanks for the look out!!!! Broadcast is taking this season off. He has been marching since 13(3 seasons). He wanted to take a summer off and be a normal kid. Being one of the youngest kids (2 seasons being the youngest) in corps took it's toll.

Great Reviews!!!

Thanks,

Birddog.

It's a review of a stupid drum corps show.

um.... :sshh:

Fourth in my heart: The Madison Scouts.. I'm still having issues with the same things I had issues with last night. I don't hate this show.. but I am not in love with it either. It's not even really something I want to see again. It's like seeing it once, for me, was enough.. I wish I wanted to see it more.. but I don't. I feel like there is a lot of fancy moves.. then playing.. then another fancy move.. then more playing.. particularly in the beginning of the show.. and that gets annoying for me. Bluecoats are running all over the place and playing at volume.. with dynamics and the whole shebang. Madison doesn't employ the same technique and it's something that sticks in my craw. It was a little embarrassing to hear the people behind us, during the drum solo shouting, 'OH MY GOD! LOOK AT THOSE FEET! YESS!!!" when what I was seeing was more along the lines of.. "oh my gooooddddd... LOOK at those FEET! *groan*" Their visual program needs to get better and it needs to get better fast. They're making the pictures.. and that will crisp up.. but their marching is atrocious, IMO. I know they need to get that down before the pictures will click. Kick it into gear, Scouts. I won't see you again until finals.

Your statement about Madison not playing while moving contridicts everything about 20 people have told me about their show. My sources tell me it's more demanding than Bluecoats and the hardest show Madison has ever done. My sources also say the hornline was incredible and smoked their standstill at the Madison show - playing a lot better in standstill. What does that tell you? It should tell you the demand of the drill is holding back their horn scores, and probably their percussion scores, and probably their GE scores. It should also tell you that if they are able to clean up their drill - their visual scores will go up, their brass scores will go up, their GE scores will go up, their percussion scores will go up, and their guard scores should go up.

The closed the gap to less than 4 behind Bluecoats at the last show - things could be coming together for them.

Your "sources"? If I was going to tell a reviewer that they were wrong, I think I would wait until I had seen the show myself....