Going Crazy At A Show

Flat crowd syndrome was experienced in South Milwaukee last night. I don't like flat crowds. They make me look obnoxious, lol.

Try Oswego. It's the first show of the year so fans release the tension from 9 months of drum corps withdrawal onto the field.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...right before the block chord from #### in A major (well...written D)...god that was a beautiful chord...god those kids were sick

I don't follow...if the sop soli is in D-min, then shouldn't it be followed by a C-maj chord? I'm not a music major, I'm just trying to figure out the actual notes they played.

Or are you saying it was a D-maj chord? Then would the soli be E-F#-G-F#-E-E ?

Edited by vferrera

Ah, you're talking about the one IMMEDIATELY after...I'm talking about the chord of resolution held for 8 counts...that's the one in written D

You're right on what you were thinking though...that chord is a written C

Actually....the written D is literally just the written D...it isn't a chord at all when I think of it

Edited by JMS0527

Ah, you're talking about the one IMMEDIATELY after...I'm talking about the chord of resolution held for 8 counts...that's the one in written D

You're right on what you were thinking though...that chord is a written C

Actually....the written D is literally just the written D...it isn't a chord at all when I think of it

cool. yeah, that was some hair-raising #### they were playing.

The crowd at Port Huron last week was pretty involved, I thought. And only 4 corps there (CapSound, Pio, Blue Stars, Scouts). Everyone got applause at all the right moments, and some "woohoo!!'"s if they were earned, too! Blue Stars singing simple gifts got a huge reaction. Of course, part of the reason the crowd was so into things there is because of how the stadium is. For those of you who have never been to Blue Water Brass at Port Huron, MI, the stands are so close to the field that the drum major needs to stand IN them. If you had long enough arms, you could stand in the first row and reach down and grab keyboard mallets out of someone playing them (don't do that). It's drum corps IN YOUR FACE, just the way people like it!

Cedarburg (Grafton) had a GREAT audience! How come those folks couldn't drive a few miles to attend the South Milwaukee show?

I really shouldn't complain about silent audiences TOO much, because this is the first year that I haven't constantly been complaining about rude people who talk during performances. Every crowd I've encountered so far this summer has been angelic in that respect. Either that, or all the rude people were sitting by someone else for once, haha.

I think people are becoming numb to greatness. It may sound weird, but I think it is true. They spend so much time watching the perfect golfers, perfect models, perfect singers, etc. on TV and videos that they can't get excited about anything anymore. It's really kind of sad. You should see the looks I get when I yell "DO IT UP, KANSAS" for my son before the corps starts their show every night. You would think I had just committed murder :rock: . BUT, I do it anyway, because he likes it and says it gets him pumped up. Go ahead and yell, jump, etc. The members love it and who cares what the local yocals think.

A couple of years ago we got slammed in a show review for being a staff that went nuts for our own kids........

I have no problem with corps staff going nuts before the show, at appropriate places in the show and after the show. But I do have a problem when the staff grabs seats in the aisles and then talks, comments and yells during the entire show. In fact, I think it represents the corps poorly and takes away from any nearby audience members' enjoyment of the performance.

A couple of years ago we got slammed in a show review for being a staff that went nuts for our own kids........