Going Crazy At A Show

edit: not worth it...

Edited by dciguy01

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe people don't want your yelling to interrupt their viewing? Maybe people realized that yelling random things just to make it on the CD was rude? Maybe people have a higher threshold of "go crazy"? Maybe people have seen so much freaking drum corps in their life that it takes something really special to get that reaction? Maybe it's still early July?

I can think of many times that I've had that kind of reaction, but rarely in the middle of a musical sequence. End of a song? Sure. End of a show? Yes. End of a feature with a planned pause for applause? Of course. But if you're going to react like that at random things... well, don't sit by me.

Let's not imply that people have Tourette's here ( :P )...I think we can all tell when an audience sits on their hands.

It happens a lot more the local level than the regionals, simply due to the people there, I suppose. Grandma Smith who went to see little Timmy play isn't going to freak out about 1989 Regiment played as an encore...but 10,000 FMM's at a big show most likely will. :)

I remember at firstbeat last year, during the Crown encore... during Big Noise, the crowd went berserk. it was amazing. I have never heard something so loud in my life. ever.

~>conner

They're playing the closer from the 89 show (I don't know which movement of New World it is) and when the trumpets reenter with that main melody

Does anyone know what notes they are playing. Unless I miss my guess, it should be D-E-F-E-D-D. It's in D-min, right? The most spine-tingling of keys.

Favorite instance of people going crazy at a show?

Crazy asian dude at the end of BWBB in 02.

Holy crap, someone else noticed him! I point that out to everyone I show the performance to, they get a huge kick out of it. But did you notice his two crazy asian friends, also giving it up?

That said, as someone who's attending who shows this summer (one local event and a major event, Cookeville) I fully expect to see a flat crowd, and then a better one. I for one will scream and holler and go home exhausted (hey, I'm carpooling!).

Does anyone know what notes they are playing. Unless I miss my guess, it should be D-E-F-E-D-D. It's in D-min, right? The most spine-tingling of keys.

Yeah...right before the block chord from #### in A major (well...written D)...god that was a beautiful chord...god those kids were sick

Yeah- I was at a show a couple weeks ago and was all set to start "Blooo"ing when the Bloooooocoats came out there...

...And hardly anyone in the crowd was making any noise except for some clapping. There was a couple of stray "blooo"s heard, and the people behind me (in the reserved seating, btw) were like "why are they booing???"

I was extremely disappointed. Not half as much though, than if I had been IN the Bluecoats.