Why are Crown's plumes so "poofy?"

SSIA. I just saw pictures of Carolina Crown this year on corpsreps.com for the first time.

At least they are centered on the shako instead of being crooked but looking at them makes me want to clean my ears. I do look forward to seeing them go head to head with Glassmen in Columbus on Wednesday though.

I just looked at the plume. My it is a bit "poofy."

but, I am glad to see the return of the plume to the center.

I must say though, I really liked the 2002 uniform a lot better. Dunno why, just did.

I just looked at the plume. My it is a bit "poofy."

but, I am glad to see the return of the plume to the center.

I must say though, I really liked the 2002 uniform a lot better. Dunno why, just did.

Aww... thanks :P

After seeing them, I like the purple color, but I confess I prefer the plumes on the side (gave the corps' shakos a really unique look without being off-the-wall like Southwind's sharkos) and loved the plumes they had last season with the huge white feathers.

Crown's uniforms have really grown on me a ton. I'm looking forward to seeing them next week.

I like plumes poofy, though I liked Crown's better in white and on the side. There's just too much purple on the field for me now. Also, I think the off-center plume fit very well, since everything else on that uniform is aligned off-center.

I thought the purple blended well together between the plumes and the guard...a very clean look.