Oh so close Cavies

Perhaps BD should add a couple of picnic tables b**bs

No they need a door.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People said that the door kind of moves back after a bit...it was still prominent on the Season Pass whether it technically moved back or not

I hate when stuff like that's in the way...it affects the drill writing

Where the Godfather busts out in drag.

Is that a stab at the Cavaliers?

I was suprised how little the Blue Devils moved last night. It seemed that anytime there was a melody to be played, either by the full corps or a section, it was done at a standstill. They have gone from cut and paste music to cut and paste drill.

Still, I guess this would have to go in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" section since it seems to be working for them. A very enjoyable show from them, just don't think it will stay ahead of the Cavaliers by the end of the season.

This is interesting, because I was simply amazed at what the Blue Devils were playing while they were running. I don't think I have ever heard that much difficult music being played while moving that fast. There is one section where the trumpets were holding out loud, extremely high notes and taking enormous, fast strides. I think that is one of the reasons the Devils won last night.

In my opinion the Blue Devils just have a more mature musical package. In other words, the Cavaliers music is more simple... I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing becuase the music they are playing fits perfectly with the show design, I am just stating another reason why BD scored higher.

I also think that many people do not realize how difficult the Blue Devil's drill is. They make it look easy because they are that good. It definitely is not on the same level as the Cavies drill, but the again the Cavies music is not on the same level as the Blue Devil's.

i lov how the first part of the season like everybody on here says there that dcp is definitely not anti bd and then as soon as they beat your beloved cavies the battle swords come out...

i lov how the first part of the season like everybody on here says there that dcp is definitely not anti bd and then as soon as they beat your beloved cavies the battle swords come out...

this is a discussion forum where BD is going to have negative opinions thrown at them. If you want to go to a forum that hypes BD all the time, no questions asked, go to their website.

otherwise, expect the criticism.

~>conner

I like how all year round, people come on here and proclaim that the website is "anti-" one corps or another.. and the instant anybody disagrees with them that their corps is going to win everything, it's "BATTLE STATIONS" and everybody's out to get their corps.

/irony

To each his own, huh?

Stef

im fine with that ..i just dont know why ya'll gotta deny it till your corps loses...and im sorry but that seems kind of freakin ridiculous to say this is a forum where bd will get criticism..why should they get more than anybody else that is bs.

maybe it's just a case that you only read threads about BD and that's why you never see it, but EVERY CORPS gets a TON of criticism here. Since the inception of the site (and I'm technically the SECOND PERSON who joined.. and one of the people who helped found it), there has NEVER been any lean in criticism towards one corps or another.

Everybody "gets it" one time or another. Sometimes it's BD. Sometimes it's Cadets. Sometimes it's Cavaliers. Sometimes it's Madison. Sometimes it's SCV. The corps I've seen the LEAST harsh criticism of is Regiment... though I'm sure it's been there, too.

Critics are a byproduct of success. Consider it a compliment that people care enough to nit-pick your favorite corps and get over yourself.

Stef

Edited by ScribeToo