Oh so close Cavies

The Cavies have an amazing show with some of the best percussion going this year. I love their show!! The Devils continue to roll and the show has gotten better but I'm looking for Cavies on top and for the Bluecoats to come on strong at finals. I hope Madison can stay top six, but I know it's doubtful. Oh well, here's to the summer! Let it blaze on with the gorgeous sound of Drum and Bugle Corps!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Methinks that if Phantom Regiment had been in the show tonight, Scouts would have placed below top 6, IMHO. :)

Methinks that if Phantom Regiment had been in the show tonight, Scouts would have placed below top 6, IMHO. :)

I know! :(

Well PR has a little ladder to climb if they plan on a tie for 1st. :) BD is waiting for them......

Well PR has a little ladder to climb if they plan on a tie for 1st. :) BD is waiting for them......

96 was one off the greatest finishes of all time! Too many good shows this year. Maybe we can just ditch the placements this year and enjoy the shows for what they are. Now if we could just ditch the amps... Oh sorry. Trying to stay positive this time around. Will Cavies catch BD? I think so. What say you?

Hopefully not, just for sentimental reasons.... :) But I'd like to see them come close. I REALLY want to see the Blue Devils in first this year. Just an aside....a lot of people make fun of the "rule of sixes" in the BD tradition, but the pressure on the kids is real. The first time in 86 was cool, but in 96 the pressure was huge to come through with a win. This year must be really intense for the members. Now of course it's ultimately up to the staff to design a winning show, and the judging community to award the winning points, but that sort of pressure tends to push a drum corps to pay special attention to do anything and everything in their power to clean the show. It seems the chemistry is there, so the medal is theirs to win or loose IMO. The added pressure to succeed in a "six" year may just be the boost they need to stay on top and not "peak" early as so many suggest they will. Just my thoughts.

96 was one off the greatest finishes of all time! Too many good shows this year. Maybe we can just ditch the placements this year and enjoy the shows for what they are. Now if we could just ditch the amps... Oh sorry. Trying to stay positive this time around. Will Cavies catch BD? I think so. What say you?

I say Cavies in 1st, BD is just cleaner right now!!! Savvy?

The Cavies have an amazing show with some of the best percussion going this year. I love their show!! The Devils continue to roll and the show has gotten better but I'm looking for Cavies on top and for the Bluecoats to come on strong at finals. I hope Madison can stay top six, but I know it's doubtful. Oh well, here's to the summer! Let it blaze on with the gorgeous sound of Drum and Bugle Corps!

Cavies are close. Just think how close it would be if not for those inflated West Coast scores!

Indy is about an hour north of Sacramento, right?

:P

I think in Texas Cavies will beat BD, but I think finals week it will be BD with a win, but not by more than a point.