A drum corps love letter

You mean to tell me if they had saved their 1999 show for 2006 and performed it at the exact same skill level, they wouldn't make finals? Please. What has "changed" so much about drum corps that a show with amazing music and drill can't make finals? That's just a cop-out for the fact that the Madison Scouts this year do not have a well-written musical program.

ya know what? I'm certainly glad they didn't leave things up to you. I want to personally thank you for sticking your nose into this thread and de-railing the STATED topic. Thanks for taking an attempt at a positive, and turning it into a negative. Take your close-minded view of the Scouts and go play in traffic. The more s*** like this I read from people like you makes me begin to wish that they never play anything you'll enjoy ever again. This corps is doing what it primarily always has... 1. give the members a quality experience, and 2. Contend for a title. I'd rather see THIS version of the Madison Scouts than the one who will just sit and #### and moan about how we do what we want and yet get railroaded because of it. THAT was a cop-out...or let's call it for what it REALLY was...an excuse. Bud, you can hop off this train anytime you like...cuz we're the motha******* Madison Scouts and we don't need your extra weight slowin us down in our pursuit of a championship. Oh, and by the way, check my sig...I marched your "example" show.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no

:huh:

ya know what? I'm certainly glad they didn't leave things up to you. I want to personally thank you for sticking your nose into this thread and de-railing the STATED topic. Thanks for taking an attempt at a positive, and turning it into a negative. Take your close-minded view of the Scouts and go play in traffic. The more s*** like this I read from people like you makes me begin to wish that they never play anything you'll enjoy ever again. This corps is doing what it primarily always has... 1. give the members a quality experience, and 2. Contend for a title. I'd rather see THIS version of the Madison Scouts than the one who will just sit and #### and moan about how we do what we want and yet get railroaded because of it. THAT was a cop-out...or let's call it for what it REALLY was...an excuse. Bud, you can hop off this train anytime you like...cuz we're the motha******* Madison Scouts and we don't need your extra weight slowin us down in our pursuit of a championship. Oh, and by the way, check my sig...I marched your "example" show.

I am sure you have just made Madison Alumni everywhere proud with your educated response. Madison does, and always has, given its members a quality experience, you will get no argument from me there. They have aklways been one of my favorite corps, but not the past couple of years. Their shows lack the audience apeal that I believe has been the corps trademark through the years. There is a way that you can contend and perform at a Championship calibur. But I would much rather watch a Madison corps that places 12th that gets me on my feet 12 times in a show, than watch a Madison corps that has me longing for the hotdog line halfway through the opener. Loud, entertaining, fun, and flat out good is what I expect from not only Madison, but every corps.

After all, it's my $15 admission ticket, and I am not going to throw down my hard earned money for 3 hours shows that cannot entertain.

As for your second point, Madison has a long way to go before it contends for a title again becuase its not going to happen this year. Not a slam, just fact.

Hint: Madison will place much lower with their "championship-pursuing" show this year than they did with any of their spectacular, entertaining, audience-friendly shows of the '90s. Hmmmm...

Hint: Madison will place much lower with their "championship-pursuing" show this year than they did with any of their spectacular, entertaining, audience-friendly shows of the '90s. Hmmmm...

ya think?? hmmmm...let's see...well, last year they finished 6th...if I recall correctly...hmmm...yep, in '96 we ALSO finished 6th. I do believe that in both '98 and '99 they finished........guess where? yep...6th. Let's go back a bit further....ummmmm...'93....6th....'94....6th. So much for contending...

And nowhere did I imply that THIS was going to be a "championship" show...I did however imply that they are moving in that direction, and I, for one, have no problem with them going in a different direction.

After all, it's my $15 admission ticket, and I am not going to throw down my hard earned money for 3 hours shows that cannot entertain.

wow...you said a mouthful there...

I guess you won't be making it to finals then...

:P

and I'm sure I didn't embarass anyone with an emotional response to people's erronious thinking that we should "live in the past". I'd rather see them win than be everything to everyone...because as the saying goes....yada yada yada...