Let's be honest here...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you aren't reading the right thread then...the other "oh so close cavies" thread is full of people talking about not how the cavies show was better but rather why the bd show was worse..which is why im feelin the anti-bd vibe in here. maybe im being to sensitive.

No, that thread is what drove me to start this one

you aren't reading the right thread then...the other "oh so close cavies" thread is full of people talking about not how the cavies show was better but rather why the bd show was worse..which is why im feelin the anti-bd vibe in here. maybe im being to sensitive.

You know .. I keep asking this.. and you keep NOT answering..

Why does someone's view being that Cavaliers is "better" or that BD is "worse" make this board, that person or a specific thread "anti-BD?"

I didn't like Cavaliers' 1997 show.. and was critical of it and even said other corps' shows were "better".. but does that make me "anti-Cavaliers?"

I really don't get the leap of logic from point A to point Q..

Stef

Maybe people thought the Cavies show was better because they saw both shows and formed an OPINION... *gasp*... shocking! Don't worry about your beloved Blue Devils... if you can't stand to read people's opinions, you're in the wrong place, bud.

Ok, so now that the Blue Devils *cough* 2006 Champions *cough* have beaten the Cavaliers, i'd like to pose a question... Why is it, that so many people like the Blue Devils here, and respect the direction they're going and such... Yet after last night, all of a sudden there's a gigantic rash of anti-bd emotions going on here. I'd like to know if this is simply people changing their mind after seeing the show... Or if people are just mad that the Blue Devils proved themselves against bigger fish.

There is not a gigantic rash of anti-bd emotions on here. not at all. There is however a rash of people that think becuase BD won one show that does not mean that they should be automatically crowned champions. Even if someone in BD were to hear you say "BD 2006 champions" (like you just proclaimed) they would tell you to be quiet. Even they know that it is way to early for that (plus they are superstitous).

I dont think many people are mad about BD winning. You are simply finding anything that could be percieved as anti-BD and blowing it out of proportion.If anyone here is getting flamed on DCP it is the Cadets (which they may or may not deserve).

they won last night..... stop whining and enjoy it

DCP users always have thier opinions, but I, like Phantom007 and Utaheuph too have felt an increase in anti-bd posts. Mostly stuff like "down with the six-year rule" and the like. And some other things that have been harsh to a point where it goes beyond liking the cavies more than the bd. Obviously they have thier opinion, and mine is that they are anti-bd, heh.

Hey, it could be worse, I could be a cadets fan.

they won last night..... stop whining and enjoy it

THANK YOU... couldn't have said it better myself. :huh:

You know .. I keep asking this.. and you keep NOT answering..

Why does someone's view being that Cavaliers is "better" or that BD is "worse" make this board, that person or a specific thread "anti-BD?"

I didn't like Cavaliers' 1997 show.. and was critical of it and even said other corps' shows were "better".. but does that make me "anti-Cavaliers?"

I really don't get the leap of logic from point A to point Q..

Stef

Buy that gal a beer! B)

Nobody was more critical of Blue Devils 2005 show than me. Think I'm anti-BD ?? Hardly.

Statements like "down with the "Six" year rule" is funny. It will be funny when they win !

Its all talk that comes with the territory of competition.

~G~

While we are being real honest how can you make a fair assessment in the echo box called the dome. BD builds their basis around a great musical approach which would not be as clear in the place and the Cavies center their effort around a visual program which should come across better indoors. I have not seen either and will not see the Cavaliers but not even sure how judges other than field side could make any assessment up there. We used to have a camp in there and it was absolutely awful for sound!!!